Broken gas key

Originally Posted By: msinc"Necessary? Of course not. Part of every build I currently do. Well ya it is."

And if I were building Ar's for the people on this forum I would probably have to make it part of mine too...they have heard it so often and they now believe this thing is so important, so needed, that at this point you probably wouldn't be able to sell a rifle without it.

"I guess it all depends on your definition of "necessary"."

No, it really depends on how far you want to go...you can kill a coyote with a rock. You can drive your car with your feet too, but that don't make it a good idea.

Indefinite delivery/ indefinite quantity.

I actually do deal with government contracts. EVERYDAY! It always goers to the lowest bidder unless someone can prove that the product being supplied is in fact inferior. You bid to there specs, so that is unlikely. They may also throw some bids out from companies that have had a record of not wanting to follow the rules, but again very few times have I seen this happen.

How else would you explain both a broken gas key and bolt?? There has to be something seriously wrong with the gas system to be putting that much stress on the BCG. Unless Rusty has dropped it on concrete several times and it could have caused some kind of small fracture in it. Or he's shooting some reloads that are really really hot, and I seriously doubt either one of those are the case.. So I'm curious, since you seem to think that a company never makes a mistake from time to time in production, what is it then? I guess Rusty should have just called you up personally instead of posting this up for opinions and discussion...

Back