Good Dog Work

DoubleCK

We are camped at the Beaver Sand Dunes in the Oklahoma Panhandle to try out the new Puddle Buggy some.

Met up with a friend of a friend here that really knows the country and lots of folks. Tucker found her first coyotes of the season that really wanted to play yesterday. GOOD STUFF! Young females. Go figure!

Wet and windy here now. If the weather will improve some maybe we can get down to some serious fun.

Some of these folks here really want these coyotes gone. Could use another gunner if someone is close by.

How long you stayin? I live just east of Beaver. Weather hasn't been too good for calling or farming!!! I may come by and say hello if that's OK. Lots of yotes around here but don't tell anyone!!!

"73 Redd" showed us a great time today. The wind finally laid down and we hunted a short day! Called in 14. Tucker pulled off some good dog work. We only killed the ones (4) that would work.

We killed a triple on the last stand. Great Dog Work!
tt1.gif

FUN! Thanks Mark.

Spotted this sign while visiting with a farmer in his shop. I couldn't resist taking a picture.

That was right before we made the triple stand today!

Kismet!
unsure.gif

DoubleCK I really enjoyed today. Tucker was an awesome hunting partner! Beatiful weather and moved lots of coyotes. Doesn't get much better than that!!!!
thumbup.gif

Everyone Likes to hunt with Tucker. Luckily I get to tag along.
thumbup.gif

Looks like rain tonight Mark. Won't be any farming to do tomorrow. Tucker is resting up.
unsure.gif

Originally Posted By: DoubleCKDR, It's just a little Honda Pioneer 500. I think it's the smallest, slowest, Side by Side made. LOL

Thanks Craig. Now that you say that I can actually read the "PIONEER" on the side; maybe it's just this monitor. I keep tossing around the notion of getting an ATV or UTV of some type, so I like to hear what other users have and like.

Sure looks like you're having a good time over there in OK. Keep it up, that's how the rest of us get to live vicariously!

LOL! We are having fun.

When it comes to transportation units. I like 'em quiet and dependable. And good fuel mileage is a plus. LOL

Troy,

Most of the time we find the 4WD PU to be the best vehicle for calling. But we really enjoy using the ATV/UTVs in the Bighorn Mountains and even more so on the Sonoran Desert. Been out on the desert on everything from the ATV to the Big Four Seater Hotrods.

Spent a good day hunting with Brian (Webopper) in his Kawasaki Teryx 4. Had a neighbor at the Arizonian that had one of those also. They are great units for the folks with families.

I have been a Honda guy since I took my first ride on my Uncle Bob's Honda Mini Trail 50 as a child. They had a hard time getting me off it. It was a twin to this one that I ran across in Dodge City the other day. Luckily it wasn't for sale.

I have had a bunch of them since then. I like the noise or lack of, the drive train and the dependability of the Hondas.

Craig

Having some fun in my old stomping grounds (SW NE).

Called in a bunch of sissies but with patience getting some good dog work.

Hauling a couple of fourteen year olds. They have access to a bunch of really good country.

Good job Joel & Caid!

LW, I use Ecallers exclusively. I have several and have tried many more. Currently using a Fox Pro Shockwave. It has proven to be a dependable, trouble free, productive, caller.
thumbup.gif

Back