CZ 527 .17 Hornet to Fireball?

I stand corrected looked over on GB ant seems the CZ 527 222 is readily available in the American configuration.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 17Loony Which reminds me. Know of anyone who would like a Stock off a CZ 527 Royall?

LOL,,,, a buddy bought one in 223. Most hideous, uncomfortable thing I ever laid eyes or hands on.

I believe the 223 conversions may work very well. The 17 Rem Conversion I started out with worked quit well. Though She works feeds great from the 221 Fireball Magazine since changing the trigger guard and magazine over to 221 Fireball.

I'd have done the same thing.
The larger magazines may or may not work but why not use the right parts when they're readily available?

Back on subject Love the rifle in the photo And I agree if CZ would put something together near exactly like that. Did you say you would like to trade for a Remington 700 LTD LVSF straight up?

Good one. ^^^^
laugh.gif

I only have two rifle that I'll never part with and that's one of em.

Originally Posted By: 17Loony I stand corrected looked over on GB ant seems the CZ 527 222 is readily available in the American configuration.

Yea,,, no harm though because I wasn't aware that they ever made it in the Varmint model.
I've always thought the small magazine/bottom metal models only came in the American, Lux, or Mannlicher Stocks.
Learn something new everyday eah?

Rumor has it that http://www.whittakerguns.com may be working with CZ for a limited run of 17 Fireball's. Suppose this is just wishful thinking or might this really happen. Anyone care to guess what they may need to ask per copy to make such a deal pencil out?

Sounds like 221 FB is a locked in deal to be seen in the near future. And the 17 FB is still on the table. Anyone who has the ear of the folks at Whittakers please keep stoking this 17 FB fire.:)

Seems the 20 VT is in the conversation as well not as likely to happen due to no SAMI specs.

I've noticed a lot of comments on several websites about the dreaded CZ bolt handle....

As a guy who probably loves them more than any other rifle, and owns more than I'll
Ever need.... I can say I've never had an issue with this.

But.... Hats off to james for "fixing" the issue.

Originally Posted By: 17LoonyRumor has it that http://www.whittakerguns.com may be working with CZ for a limited run of 17 Fireball's. Suppose this is just wishful thinking or might this really happen. Anyone care to guess what they may need to ask per copy to make such a deal pencil out?

Sounds like 221 FB is a locked in deal to be seen in the near future. And the 17 FB is still on the table. Anyone who has the ear of the folks at Whittakers please keep stoking this 17 FB fire.:)

Seems the 20 VT is in the conversation as well not as likely to happen due to no SAMI specs.

I'd love so see that happen!
drool.gif
drool.gif
drool.gif

Go for it, it works, I just did it and it is amazing. Cz 17 hornet varmint to 17 FB. Brand new plus gunsmithing cost is still cheaper than used Remington 17FB bolt gun on gunbroker by far.

Same bolt, gunsmith opened up diameter on lathe them milled bottom corners, purchased 221fb extractor from cz, and using 221fb magazine, single set trigger is amazing, longest kill so far was on a ghog at 380 yds, with a witness, 5moa high 1moa left, 25gr hor. jhp at 3850fps. My 100th ghog this year was 345yds, 20gr vmax. HIGHLY recommend this cartridge, cant see spending upwards of $1600 on gunbroker for a Remington

Back