5 and 10 round magazines

I love them both. But I really favor the 5 rounders. You can modify pmags into 5 or 10 rounders. I believe colt and remington both make 5 rounders if you want to go the factory route.

I like them too, bought some on sale not long ago. I bought mostly the 10 rounders, D&H I believe. A few States have the five round restrictions for hunting. The 10 rounders are usually enough for plinking or target shooting, and of course easier on the bench.

Of the 2 I only use 10 rnd Mags. I have 2 AR Stoners and 1 Magpul pmag and I haven't had any problem with either. I actually prefer 10rnd mags instead of 20's or 30's. The 10's seem to work better when shooting form a bench.

Last edited:
I use them if shooting from the bench. If you want 10 round Pmags, you dont need to modify them as stated above. Magpul is making them.

I shoot various flavors of the ASC's in 5 & 10. My favorite from a bench and load work. Plus they make a 223 that lets you load to 2.314 and that is a big plus.

Greg

I prefer 10-15 for hunting. I've had a few situations that required a few extra rounds to chase down the runner. I'd rather have a few too many then a few too little. I've had 6-7 coyotes show up on a stand before as well so 5 round mags would have left me short.

I use 10rnd Lancer mags ever since they scrapped the mag limit here in AZ. No reason in using 5rnd mags anymore, they're not any smaller than the 10s.

Up here we use the lar pistol mags. We are limited to 5 rounds in a centerfire rifle magazine so pmags need to be pinned to 5 rounds. The lar mags are designed for a pistol so we can run 10 in them.

I like the 20 round lancer mags, I like to grip the gun by the mag well sometimes when shooting off hand. the longer mag gives something to grab onto. you can also see how many rounds are in the mag. typically I only run about 7 or 8 rounds in them.

The 5 and 10 round magazines are a great choice for hunting. Yes, in some states, you can use as big a magazine as you would like, but that makes the gun a lot larger. 5's and 10's are more compact.

I like C-product or ASC mags.

Originally Posted By: SnowmanMoThe 5 and 10 round magazines are a great choice for hunting. Yes, in some states, you can use as big a magazine as you would like, but that makes the gun a lot larger. 5's and 10's are more compact.

I like C-product or ASC mags.

Where do I find ten round C-Product mags?

I have one Bushmaster 5 round steel magazine for my AR15 and two ten round Steel Bushmaster Magazines. I use them for practice when I'm using the DFT Lead Sled and also when hunting. I'm not going to carry a 20 or 30 round magazine for hunting as that would be over kill.

I bought the 5 round clip when I was first starting out when a salesman told me that it was required for hunting coyotes in IN. He was wrong but I believed him until I found out later that he was uninformed or lying. I tend to give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he thought I was going to hunt in KY or IL or some where else and or he just wanted to get rid of his last few 5 round magazines that were not selling. I'm not sure which but I have one in my collection now.

When at the range it' nice to use the 5 round magazine to limit the number of shells I shoot and burn up in one session. This forces me to be more careful and to take my time with each shot and make it count. When I use the 30 round magazines I can go though a bunch of rounds really fast and although that is fun at times it costs me money.

I shoot 5rnd mags off of the bench for clearance. C-Products, AR Stoner, and Bushmaster factory mags, they all seem to work fine for me, after thousands and thousands of rounds through them.

Back