New to Eastern Hunting

Its easy here. Dress nice, not too nice. Look clean and smile. Show them before word one is spoken that you are a clean cut respectful guy

I suggest making up some business cards with your name & phone numbers on them to pass out also. I also carry permission cards that relieves property owner of me being on their property if needed. I have a space on it for both of us to sign. Very rare I need them but there's always a couple.

I also ask for my partner too just in case someone does tag along. Inform them your a predator hunter, covers all predators that way. Following that mention coyote hunting, that's usually your in. Tell them to give you a call if they hear or see them too.

+1 on all of that. I usually drive right up. Most people around here are super friendly about it. It does not hurt that nobody else predator hunts my area. The properties around here are small compar d to some places. I usually get 50 acres here 100 there. I got around 3000 acres of new land last year and discovered some state owned land that is not advertised that I have done exceptionally well at. And as stated above I always let them know that I usually don't hunt alone....most land owners like the idea that if some accident were to happen I would have some help

+1 on what others said. I'll add to that another good tip. Make up some large 8x11" cards on card stock paper, available at Walmart. Fold it in half, and print a nice note to the landowner. Have photos of yourself and of your vehicle on the card, along with a tag number, address, phone number etc. I print on 4 sides. The card when finished looks much like a greeting card, but just personal with all your information.

One land owner told me "I wish everyone did this." Everything was on that card that he needed to know about me - my picture, picture of my truck, tag number and everything along with a nice note I wrote.

The fort is covered up in them but I'm not sure about being able to hunt them there right now. Most farms right now are baling for hay. I would bet a dollar if you offered to help with baling you would get a free pass just about anywhere. Plus the coyotes will be out picking up mice at dusk. It's a win/win.

Back