.177 AIR RIFLE ROCK CHUCK HUNT

chuck hunter

The guy making this video is a friend of mine. He lives in southern Idaho right in the middle of Chuck central. The Rock Chucks are so thick and so bad and destructive, ranchers ask him to come over and kill the pest that get into everything. They dig up gardens, dig holes in the ditch banks, dig under barns and buildings.
He can get rid of the pests quietly because he has several pellet guns. No booming and banging around the live stock. He frequently uses a 25 caliber M-rod.. He was so inspiring, I bought a 25 cal. M-rod myself.
Last year, he bought a new .177 cal.barrel and bolt for his Marauder to shoot 177 cal pellets. He found a pellet it likes so he is shooting that until the wind starts blowing.
This is inspiring. I'm ready to go back up there to help.
Fasten your seat belt and old tight. This is a wild ride.

.177 AIR RIFLE ROCKCHUCK HUNT
https://vimeo.com/126049827

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
That's some good video.

I'm amazed that the .17 caliber did so well.

Agreed! What ranges were these chucks at?

He said in the video that the pellet was accurate to 40 yards then it started to lose the group.
So it would be 40 y or less.
He said there are so many chucks THIS year, he's getting sick of shooting them.
I talked to him today and he said he was getting a blister on his trigger finger so he packed up while 10 chucks watched and he went home.

Originally Posted By: chuck hunterHe said there are so many chucks THIS year, he's getting sick of shooting them.
I talked to him today and he said he was getting a blister on his trigger finger so he packed up while 10 chucks watched and he went home.

That seems like a WONDERFUL problem to have.
smile.gif

Back