~Wh0 iz Laughing N0w~

Infidel 762

Staff member
Hello,

Did you know ladybugs are considered good luck? For a farmer to see one on his crops represents he will have a good harvest... The Dutch refer to this beetle as; "Lieveheersbeest" which translates into "Dear Lord's Animal";

I don't know if it was luck or if it was the wheat being tall enough to give her comfort to come out of the wood line... I looked up and saw pointy ears cutting thru a sea of silvery, mustard green... Almost like the shark fin in the film "Jaws"... When she got close enough to see the top of her back I took the shot;

She is definitely not pregnant nor nursing young;

By her teeth she is more than a year old;

There is a spot out there along the Cimarron River… since last summer almost every time I have called this area a coyote gets down wind; laughs and barks at me… he has even followed me after dark and mocked me while walking back to my truck… laughing…

Last night I went back to that same area… I crept down to where I intended to make a stand… As I was creeping over the small berm where I was going to set-up, coyotes to my Northeast started to howl… I froze and a coyote lets out his serenade a few yards away… sounded like he was on top of me…

I backed out sloth like and retreated to a lone cottonwood in the flat I just transversed… I hastily set up and let out a lone howl… the area lit up coyote song… up and down and both sides of the river… In the Malay I was getting challenged to my Northeast… I let the area quite down and let out a couple estrous whimpers… Silence… nothingness… then a couple minutes later I see the coyote circling over 200 yards in the open flat to get down wind.

Who is Laughing Now?

Walking back to my truck, I came across a a contraption of unknown origin… my best guess is its some perplexing ancient artifact dating back millions of years… however when I got closer I noticed its knees had a metallic wheel with teeth… I wondered “how could this be possible” when the “wheel” itself was not created by man until millions of years later… I am not a scientist so I have no way of confirming any hypothesis…

crazy.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
crazy.gif

Below is a picture of the artifact…

Maybe it was just an oil well… who knows… I left these as an offering;

Just another day in the merrily month of May…

Excellent writeup, Jeremy. Glad you managed to get out yesterday; thanks for inviting us along.

A bit of trivia re: ladybugs. Years ago I was loading a tank car of pharmaceutical grade formic acid (for those unfamiliar w/formic, it is what a red-ant injects when it stings and one drop will blister skin before you can wash it off standing next to a shower). Heavy fumes were boiling out of the dome and for some reason, hundreds of lady bugs were attracted to the rim of the car. They seemed to be immune to the heavy formic vapors which would quickly blister your skin.

Regards,
hm

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind comments all..

Originally Posted By: 220_SwiftThanks for the map.

Think I will see if I can find that rifle you left for an offering!

You will need big bolt cutters to get thru the chains on the gate
w00t.gif

Originally Posted By: crittr gittrMan Infidel, haven't you about ran out of coyotes by now. btw nice shooting!

Seems like the more you shoot... The more there are
tongue.gif

Originally Posted By: hm1996A bit of trivia re: ladybugs. Years ago I was loading a tank car of pharmaceutical grade formic acid (for those unfamiliar w/formic, it is what a red-ant injects when it stings and one drop will blister skin before you can wash it off standing next to a shower). Heavy fumes were boiling out of the dome and for some reason, hundreds of lady bugs were attracted to the rim of the car. They seemed to be immune to the heavy formic vapors which would quickly blister your skin.

Clarence,

I was in a 12 step meeting years ago in Augusta, GA... An anonymous member was sharing her story about praying at her daughter's gravesite... She spoke of being broken on blended knees swallowed in tears... I remember her speaking of the emptiness in her heart being filled with serenity and looking down and seeing a ladybug on her hand... I can't put together the letters in the manner she did but every time I see a lady bug I remember her words... It may sound crazy but faith is based on individual belief, not scientific rigor-amore... I notice ladybugs, for faith without works is dead...

"The Ladybug Retreat is a living amends to my daughter Tina and all other children who have died as the result of alcoholism. The Ladybug symbol is an icon of my daughter speaking to me while I was at her gravesite . . . these are her messages which should be passed on forever."

great job
soon as my new scope comes in and gets zeroed I should be out along the cimarron myself........further west though.

We went out last night, and with all the rain we have had the last few weeks here, the skeeters about carried us off! I had the bug suit on and that helped, but from here on out the Thermacell is going with me for sure. Kilt one, and should have had another, but the newbie with me let the cat out of the bag too quick and I didn't get a shot. But I picked up some more ground too, slowly adding a spot here, another there, to keep things fresh.

Jeremy,
Enjoy your write ups as always. I like you thoughts about life and family.
Thanks again

I agree it seems as if the more you shoot the more that appear

Back