Baiting

Congrats that little bullet puts the smackdown on em for sure....your very fortunate to have so much acreage keep up the good shooting im looking forward to more videos ......

Well I finally went out and figured out my new stand.Took a while but I found the perfect spot and cleared a 100 yard shooting lane that ended up right in the edge of a spruce swamp.I am going to build a 8x8 shack 8 feet up on 6x6 posts right on the edge of a 3 acre field so will double as a deer stand.I am going to make storage for hay ect. underneath.I had to get it done before the leaves came out or I never could have seen this sweet spot.Cant wait to build it.

Originally Posted By: J.MarkDo you guys know were you can buy multiple drivway patrol sensors that will work on same base unit?

First of all, good luck with the up-coming hunting shack. Sounds exciting.

As to multiple Driveway Patrols operating on the same frequency, all of mine (4 of them) do. I purchased them on Ebay from the same vendor. After I had purchased two of them, I learned that they were the same frequency. I then wanted a couple more, so I contacted the seller and asked him to look in the box on the pamphlet that comes with the units, to see what frequency they oeprate at. They too were the same. I am wanting to get another sensor or two and have planned to contact a vendor and ask.

The vendor I purchased from is in Florida. Can't remember his name on Ebay at the moment.

UPDATE: A few days ago I purchased yet another Driveway Patrol, but this one was from a different vendor. I inquired about the frequency it operates on before I made the purchase. The reply was "434 MHz", which is exactly the same frequency my other 4 sensors work on.

Here'a a link to the vendor. He was kind enough to check inside the box for me to determine the frequency.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Driveway-Patrol-...=item2a498dbf7e

About 10:45 last night the alarms went off. When I checked outside there was a black coyote at the bait pile. He made a few passes before I could get him still enough for a shot. The video tells the rest. Just wish it had been winter so I could have saved the pelt, but I have animals here that need protecting. Shot was with a 204 using a 32 z-max at about 3,925 fps. There was a smaller than pencil size entry and no exit. The bullet hit him just above the elbow, and that is a DRT every time.

That's great. Nice to join the black coyote club. A black one ranks right up there in the trophy department. The DRT shot was nice too.

What is the best Driveway Alarm for bait hunting?
I always set up 175- 200 yards from bait so range is important.
Sensitivity and range of sensor is also important.

I've been using the Chamberlain but the sensors seem to go into a deep sleep mode that sometimes take several movements before they wake up.

Thanks

I would say the Driveway Patrol that DoubleUp put me on to a few years back. But, I don't know about the kind of distance you are needing. I use mine at 60 yards and don't have any problems at all. I think DoubleUp has used his at 145 yards with good success, but he modified it with an external antenna to help with range. Not sure if he has used it further or not. Hopefully he will chime in soon and give you some expert advice.

I made a set of Driveway Patrols with antennas on both senders and receivers and shipped to a guy out in Oregon. I tested them at 240 yds. before sending them to him, but I can't say whether they would work consistently at that range. You might need something more expensive to do that all the time.

The area I hunt is wide open and hunted hard by other hunters. So it easier for me to make a 200 yard shot on a calm coyote. A nervous coyote at 100 yards away may not stay around long enough for a shot.

This male came in a little before midnight. Shot was with a 204 using a 32 z-max at about 105 yds. As you can see it wasn't DRT, but what you can't see is that he rain about 20 feet and fell headlong into my pond.

The bullet hole is just below the arrow, and as you can see there is no exit in the second picture. I had to let him dry out a bit this morning after fishing him out of the pond.

And here is a picture of the opposite side.

DoubleUp, you just keep dropping the hammer on yotes. You seem to have a better population and opportunities for some shooting than anyone I know. Nice going.

I did have a couple of opportunities lately and could have dropped a couple, but chose to give them a pass this time of year, especially since I have a female with pups visiting (not the pups). I have enjoyed videoing her / them instead.

Here's a video clip.

You've done very well 6, and always have good videos. Glad your coyotes seem to be recovering some. I'm like you, I really don't want to shoot females with pups. I've been fortunate in that I've had two males and an unbred female lately so I put the KIA on them. Now if I could sell the furs I wouldn't hunt them at all during the summer. But I really need to keep thinning these down for the hunting clubs around here that have been so generous to me. Hopefully I've saved them a few fawns so far.

Bill thanks, and look forward to your first kill with the Photon.

I haven't checked in here in a while, glad to see doubleup still dropping the hammer and sharing with us. Your setup is giving us some fine video. THANKS doubleup

Back