Track identification

GrubbyBoy

I was walking through the woods with my kids and found this monster track.

For siz comparison, I have very large hands.

17333980796_ba5b717258_c.jpg

Any guesses? NE Ohio about 20 SE of Cleveland.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Grub

Last edited:
My bloodhound makes a track that's about 4 inches wide by 5.5 long. Muddy conditions may make a track appear larger than the real thing. My guess is a large dog breed

I hope your right...I edited the photo for a better view. I have not seen many stray dogs around here. All are in fenced in yards.

Regards,

Grub

Can't see the whole thing because your hand is covering some of it. You'd be best served to check all the other tracks in the immediate area but with all that said it looks to me like it could be deer track on top of deer track to make it appear like it was one print. Obviously seeing it in Person may rule that out. Are there a lot of other deer tracks around in the mud?

Originally Posted By: GrubbyBoyI was walking through the woods with my kids and found this monster track.

For siz comparison, I have very large hands.

17333980796_ba5b717258_c.jpg

Any guesses? NE Ohio about 20 SE of Cleveland.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Grub

Here's a wolf track my body just sent me. He came across it while out shed hunting.
wolf%20track_zpsdq2li0ap.jpg

Last edited:
That is the full print. That area is a clearing btwn two animal sanctuaries. I put two trail cams out there since I posted the pic and the only animals I photographed were turkey, deer, rabbit and raccoon.

I will update if I catch something else on there.

I appreciate all the feedback.

Back