AR 15 magazines?

swimmer

Are all AR 15 magazines made to be universal? That is, will any fit any gun? Any AR 15 mag in .223 will fit my Mossberg MMR Hunter AR 15?

Should say all quality AR15 mags will fit any in spec AR. You start going to the no name or lesser known and you roll the dice especially on the mags.

Would anyone care to suggest a brand/model to fit the Mossberg MMR Hunter AR 15? I don't think Mossberg sells "extra" mags like the 5 shot mag that comes with the gun. I'd like to have a second magazine. Heck, I've emailed Customer Relations three times this past week with questions - none have been answered! Not too happy about that. Thanks for any help in identifying magazines that will work, and where to purchase.

Are you limited to 5rnds?

Many places sell 5 round magazines, I used to use the AR Stoner brand from Midwayusa which were rebranded c-products mags. They worked fine until a feed lip got slightly bent.

It's mostly preference really, aluminum steel or polymer. Don't hear much of bad magazines these days.

I use Lancer 10rnd ones like these now

Originally Posted By: pahntr760ASC magazines are awesome. And the SS ones allow a bit more OAL on the cartridge.

Definitely a great source. I also have used a lot of the Brownells lately. All my non-556 mags are ASC.

Greg

The common 'D & H' magazines are good quality. I have an assortment from 5 rounds on up. Some States have limits for hunting. I also like shorter mags, like 10 rounders at times.

Right now is a great time to stock up on a few.

Back