HECS Camo Suit

Trophyhunter

I just ordered the HECS camo suit today. Seems kind of expensive, but if it works like they say maybe it will up my game. I was wondering if anyone here has tried it, and what your opinion is. At first I thought it was just another gimmick to get my money, but after watching the videos on their site I thought I would give it a try. All opinions welcome.
Thanks,

Last edited:
Thanks Lance, Just watched the HECS show on the Pursuit Channel today then watched their videos on their website, and read as much info on it as I could. After that I decided to give it a try. After I get it, and try it out a while I will come back, and post my results. By the way I was cleaning up my hunting room the other day, and got to looking at the PM Hunt picture that I won in the raffle at the 2004 PM hunt where Will's wife, and son attended. It brought back a lot of good memories of that hunt. Had you, Randy Black, Michael McCasland, Redfrog, Jay Niestetter, and all the original gang. PM has sure come a long way since I joined in 2002. I was member 2118. Now we are over 50,000. Will would be proud. [beeep] I'm proud!!!

Hi, my first post, and I know I'll probably take some grief, but....... I know what I experienced.

Heres my story:

53 years old, retired, been hunin for 40 plus years, with just about every kind of weapon from a stick to a bow, to an AR, heck even used a bowlin ball one time, but that is a subject for another thread !

I received a suit as a gift a couple of months ago. I thought, yeah right, seriously ? A Faraday cage suit ? I had never heard of them until I was given one. Needless to say I was very skeptical, and put it away until yesterday, after readin about them in a mag.

I was visitin my mother, who has fed the birds for probably 30 years on the rail of her deck.

I was sittin out on the deck, and the birds, a dozen or more, were perched in the branches of the trees, waitin for me to go inside so they could resume feedin. They VERY rarely lite on the rail when someone is out there, and if they do it's only for a second or two. Well, I went inside and donned my suit sans the headnet, and went back out and sat not 6 feet from the feeders and piles of sunflower seed on the rail.

Within 2 minutes of settlin in, 1 by 1 they started droppin out of the trees and landing on the rail right in front of me. At one point there were prolly 20 sparrows, 4 or 5 Martin lookin birds, a male Cardinal, and a few other unidentified winged critters, all happily pecking away.

I got many sideways looks, but little reaction, even when slowly movin around smoking a cig. They did scatter when I abruptly stood up, but most only went a few feet, and returned within less than a minute.

It was like I wasn't there. I don't know how to explain it.

I've been around the proverbial block more than a few times, it's not my first rodeo. I spend an extraordinary amount of time in the woods, heck I live on some pretty remote land in mid Missouri, so I'm not a stranger to wildlife, and their habits, and have been photographing critters and such for many years.

Can't wait to test it out some more.

I have to agree with you. I wear mine hunting in the fall and many times while sitting on stand I have had chick-a-dees and nuthatch land very close to me, sometimes on my head and arms. When sitting on the ground (turkey hunting) I have also had chipmunks and ground squirrels come right up to me. I am no physics Phd, so I cannot explain it, but I believe the stuff works.

By the way, Welcome to PM!
thumbup.gif

I can't explain it either, but yesterday while turkey hunting I walked up on two deer and they just stood there while I walked past them at about 40 yards. Later I had 10 hens, and 3 jakes walk by me at ten yards. One hen stopped and looked at me, but went right back to feeding past me while none of the other birds paid any attention to me at all. I'm still not convinced totally, and will continue wearing it to see just what I can get away with. Can't wait to try it on predators.

There are many threads arguing the value of ghillies. I think waaaayyy back a guy even called in a coyote while wearing a Santa suit to make a point.

I wear a ghillie top and a hat I customized quite a bit. They both break up my human outline I believe, and regardless I am more confident wearing them. The former is likely of value and the latter keeps me optimistic and alert. I also wear a 3/4 mask to keep my bright face from shining and gloves too.

Sendit

This is why wildlife photographers were camo or Ghillie SP? suits

Still that's interesting. I wish I could picture what the camo suit that you are talking about looks like.

Any links to their web site maybe?

Last edited:
I'm glad someone finally had the guts to ask.
wink.gif
I love to have one to play with.. Guess I've spent dumber money..
laugh.gif
I'll be watching this one.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: sendit223There are many threads arguing the value of ghillies. I think waaaayyy back a guy even called in a coyote while wearing a Santa suit to make a point.

I wear a ghillie top and a hat I customized quite a bit. They both break up my human outline I believe, and regardless I am more confident wearing them. The former is likely of value and the latter keeps me optimistic and alert. I also wear a 3/4 mask to keep my bright face from shining and gloves too.

Sendit

Want to say that guy was Jay Nisetter or Gerry Blair in the santa suit.

Go to hecsllc.com they are $179.95, and type in "Pursuit" in the coupon code at checkout, and receive $30.00 off. The cap, and gloves are separate. They have them on amazon a little cheaper, but no discount still makes them more expensive than on the Hecs website.

This thing is THE most absolute utter hogwash I have ever seen in my life, and I was around in the pet rock era. While, yes, it is true that mammals and birds DO detect "electromagnetic radiation", the form of electromagnetic radiation they detect is called....(drum roll)...

VISIBLE LIGHT!

Back