Finally Finished with my first build

kldad73

Its taken about 3 months but I finally have it completed. I started out with Bushmaster Upper and Lower that I bought on sale from Brownells. I used the following to finish the build. From Joe Bob Outfitters i bought their low profile gas block, Spikes Tactical gas tube and the Nordic XL hand guard. I then got the Fail Zero BCG from Primary Arms. For the trigger I went with the CMC 3.5 lbs curved. The barrel is the a BHW standard profile 20" 1-8 twist 5.56. I finished it off with a ACE Skeleton stock and Magpul MOE grip. After breaking in the barrel 55 gr Noslers are showing some promise. I will show pictures of groups when i start working up loads.

Below is my new Pride and Joy.

Thanks guys. I really like the VX-R, but i am contemplating temporarily changing it out for my VX-3 4.5-14 for load developement.

Man your build has me chomping at the bit. All I'm waiting on is my BHW barrell and I can get started putting her together. Except mine is I'm 20 practical, but hopes it is sharp looking as yours. Good looking rig and good luck getting her tuned in.

Cool build. I have the same VX-R on mine and it's great for "shooting" at stuff (and awesome at night). But it's NOT that great for shooting itty bitty groups with the thicker reticle and lower magnification. Swapping out the scope for load development doesn't work for me because all my other scopes are 1" not 30mm. I'd have to buy a new mount too.

thumbup1.gif

Thanks Guys. I gained alot of knowledge from this site. Already looking forward to the next build. This one is going to be similar but in 6.8.

Nice Job. What lower did you start with? One of the dealers here in town is selling Anderson stripped lowers for 55.00 that he gets from Brownells. They also had DPMS for the same price a while back.

Originally Posted By: 1FoxNice Job. What lower did you start with? One of the dealers here in town is selling Anderson stripped lowers for 55.00 that he gets from Brownells. They also had DPMS for the same price a while back.
The lower was a Bushmaster that Brownells had on sale at the end of last year for $50. Several of us went together and bought enough to get free shipping and with the $10 transfer fee it came to $60

Back