Rifle Barrel Thread Protector, 1/2x28 ?

the only reason you should need a crush washer is for timing a muzzle device.

for something like a thread protector, i just thread them on.

the other option for thread protection without adding a brake is something like the Simple Threaded Device

they're a nice little flash hider, dont add a ton of length, and do a nice job keeping the fireball belch under control. and just like a basic thread protector, no crush washer needed.

http://simplethreadeddevices.com/

I hate the look of thread protectors, so I just buy DPMS A1 (non-clocked) flash hiders and spin them on. Like $8 from Midway, I have a bunch of them in my parts drawer for that purpose.

Good advice above. The Simple Threaded Device sounds better than just a thread protector. FYI, i'm trying (on order) a special custom order thread protector (9/32" x 32tpi) from a guy on ebay. Made to order with Gun Kote finish. This for a KKM barrel for my glock when I'm not using the comp.

Quick follow-up, I bought a custom thread protector from "Bob From Milwaukee" on eBay (dock1029). He custom makes them for rifle and handgun. Mine came out great with quick turnaround. Nice fit and finish. My threads were a little tight, and Bob worked quickly to help me resolve. Definitely worth looking into.

9hsw2t.jpg

v4mbl0.jpg

Back