trigger for AR 15

swimmer

If I replace my AR 15 trigger, do I want a single stage or two stage? I'll be using it for coyote hunting. Thanks in advance.

It's really personal preference. I like two stage on my Ar and single stage on a bolt action. Geissele triggers are my favorite.

Either one will work, it's preference. I find myself preferring the two stage myself. I have yet to find a better trigger than a Geissele Hispeed DMR. The AR Gold trigger is nice, but I still find myself going to the Geissele. One day I'll spend messing with the AR gold adjustments and get it to the point where I like it.

Lots of trigger talk around here. To get close to a better bolt trigger I'd look to something near 3 lbs and 'single-stage'. The Timney is a fine choice, but there are plenty of others too.

If you plan a trigger upgrade how about starting with the '15 min' home AR trigger job. It's basically a sping clip and legs bent on the other spring. Instructions are on the web. No, not equivalent to a quality replacement, but it is an improvement.

Swimmer
If bucks are tight, you can do little lite stoning to your trigger surfaces, give them a light polish, that will help.
I did that to my R-15,and it worked well until I was able to afford a after market unit. If you check out youtube you can find some great vids on AR triggers..
As for two or single,as the guys said above its all personal preference...Have fun!!

Last edited:
I personally like the 2 stage on all my ar's. But it is a personal choice. It does take a little time to get use to it after I have been shooting the bolt actions. But It only takes a little bit of thinking before you pull the trigger to remember what you are pulling.

Personally I like single stage triggers but that's what i have grown up shooting and my vote is for the TIMNEY also. Good luck

I'm not sure about the rules for posting a link to another forum, so if anyone is interested PM me and I'll provide the link. I am in no way associated with this seller, but have bought many items from him on another forum.

100%, NO QUESTIONS ASKED, MONEY BACK GUARANTEE.

How it works:
It works by applying pressure to the bottom of the rear of the trigger with a setscrew. This lifts the rear of your trigger up against the safety lever and preloads your trigger removing most, if not all, of the pre travel.

To check to see if this will help your trigger do this. Make sure your rifle is unloaded then place it on safe. Pull the trigger while it is on safe. The amount the trigger moves while on safe is what will be removed by this kit.

What it does:
Installs in less than 10 minutes with basic hand tools
Increases accuracy potential by eliminating the take up in the trigger
Creates a trigger that has a very short take up similar to a quality bolt action rifle

What it doesn't do:
Decrease trigger pull weight
Permanently alter your firearm
Create an unsafe firearm if installed properly

It works with standard MILSPEC triggers as well as two stage triggers that are not self contained units. It also improves the felt trigger on full auto M16/M4 style machine guns. Basically it works with any gun that uses an AR15 style FCG, either semi auto or full auto, with a removable AR15 style grip and with a grip screw hole that is threaded all the way through. For an amazing trigger install some reduced weight trigger and hammer springs.

On an already safe, unmodified weapon, that is functioning correctly it is impossible for the trigger to be preloaded to a point where it is unsafe. It does not change your trigger pull weight, only the amount of trigger travel before the weapon fires.

Honestly this idea is nothing new. What is new is the parts being packaged together and sold as a complete "kit", especially at this price. You will no longer have to hacksaw or grind your factory parts and hope you get it right. This kit makes sure you get it right the first time without the need to alter your factory parts. And you can't even buy a replacement grip screw for less than this kit shipped if you mess yours up trying this yourself. And all it takes is burr on your hacksawed grip screw and your lower is ruined.

This is a proven kit that WORKS and does not permanently alter your AR in any way.

This kit also includes a set of very detailed instructions on how to install as well as how to perform a proper function check of your AR15 style weapon.

If you have any problems installing the kit PM a call can be made to help you out.

There will be a 100% guarantee on all parts we send as well as a satisfaction guarantee. If you ask for a refund you will get a refund with no questions asked. If the parts you receive will not work or if you are not 100% satisfied with this "kit" return I will give you a full refund of the original purchase price. You can get a refund for any reason or no reason at all.

The price is $13 shipped. The kit will include detailed instructions, the setscrew used to preload the trigger and a replacement grip screw. They will not be shipped outside of the United States.

Payments should be made through PayPal to ..................

You are buying goods so use that option in your PayPal payment. It provides protections for both of us. And it also makes sure WE cover the fees and not you. It also makes getting your address easier so we can ship your kit as quickly as possible.

It will only shipped to the address in PayPal or the return address on the MO. This is only to protect the purchasers. If you want to send a MO please PM me.

We will combine shipping. The cost for each additional kit in the same package is $10. So that is $23 shipped for two, $33 for 3, $43 for 4, so on and so forth. And for a limited time, until supplies run out, mention 300 Blackout and receive a special bonus.

Some information on the grip screw holes threaded all the way through. It never was an issue in the past but recently some lowers have been produced with their grip screw hole not threaded all the way through. It is less than 1% based on the sales of these kits. So odds are your lower will work with this kit but if it doesn't I will issue a refund, no questions asked. Or you could buy a $4 tap and finish threading the grip screw hole so you can install this kit. The tap would need to be 1/4-28 and because you are threading aluminum it can be HSS or even carbon steel which you can find on Ebay for ~$4.

Again, I will issue a refund to anyone who asks for a refund. I don't care the reason, or if there is a reason, if you ask you will get it.

Last edited:
single stage, like BTE, its what I'll get next time...
have 2 & they feel very close to the bolt guns that I use...
see thread = "BTE TRIGGER SALE ENDS MARCH 15" in this forum.

I have Geissele, Timney, JARD and Rock River Nation Match triggers.
I called Joe Bob's last week for a trigger.
I was told about CMC trigger, nice trigger for the money.
As you can tell I like single stage triggers.

I have a CMC on my AR and compared to a Mil Spec trigger its awsome. I have no experience with the Geissele,Timney or JARD so i can't compare it to them. But overall i am pleased with the CMC it breaks a crisp 3.5 lbs with no creep at all.

Ditto on the CMC, but I can shoot either. Have both on my guns and it really doesn't make much dif. but I guess I do go with the single stage when I buy one. Years of shooting USPSA open and production. Just figure out how light you want it and then look for one. The CMC ones I have are at or slightly under 3lbs.

I just got my first CMC trigger and its better than my timney trigger. Both in AR's. I have a feeling I'll be getting another and pulling out my timney soon.

After reading the reviews, I ordered a Velocity Trigger. It had really good reviews plus an inexpensive price tag $134. I'll give a range report when it comes in.

I hit way way better with an AR than I do with a bolt gun in field conditions. I attribute alot of that to a 2 stage trigger. you can pull it up quickly as your settling down on the coyote. when things line up just a little more squeeze and the shot goes off. 2 # takeup with a 1# second stage is about the best AR trigger setup I can think of. geissele high speed match is the top of the heap. to me one of the best things about an AR is infact its 2 stage trigger. I can't imagine putting in a single stage. that includes some awesome triggers on my bolt guns jewel etc, while crisper and more precise I don't shoot them as well.

I run a timmney 3lb drop in single stage on two custom AR's. Absolutely love them. I would also recommend a young's national match bolt. Definitely helps with accuracy!!

Back