Lightweight Mountain Rifle from Rock River Arms . . . ??

ralphtt

Rock River Arms is advertising a "lightweight mountain rifle" that they list at 6.2 pounds. Their accuracy guarantee is one moa at 100 yards. Just what I need for bouncing around from stand to stand in this hill country of NE Tennessee.

Just wondering if anyone here has been able to try one yet. Complete with scope and sling it should top out at about 7.5 pounds. This is considerably lighter than my Coyote Carbine.

I'm interested and need the benefit of your experience . . .

Over 200 views and no replies . . . so, evidently no one has a RRA lightweight mountain rifle . . . yet.
smile.gif

I'm sure they'll be along eventually, but meanwhile, is there a point of diminishing return where as the rifle gets lighter, other problems crop up? Specs for the lightweight mountain rifle are listed here.

http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=688

One interesting feature is the small diameter aluminum handguard.

C'mon . . . some of you have a lot more knowledge about AR's than I do and I would appreciate your sharing it with me.

the pencil barrel will get hotter faster. if it's used for only hunting predators that should not be a concern. you want one. you need one. you should buy one.
smile.gif

I don't have that rifle but I built my own lightweight rifle and it is great to hunt with. I almost prefer it over my sbr sure to how light it is. I say go for it

Back