red dot

lon0121

What kind of red dots are you guys using on your shotguns? Im thinking of getting the bushnell first strike holo for my mossberg but im nervous recoil will tear it up!.

Thoughts?

lonnie

I have two RD's on my 12g barrels.Turkey has Weavers reflex Micro dot with Bushnells tube RD on the slug barrel.Both have held up fine to heavy loads.I like the Weaver more because it's better in low light.They're great for getting on target quick and you can shoot from any position.That's something you cant do using beads or open rifle sights.

i think i may grab the bushnell trophy trs-25 for my shotgun tomorrow. I have heard great reviews on it and some say its the best red dot in its price range.

lonnie

Aimpoint 9000SC. It withstands the heaviest recoil, has a low profile and has ridiculously long battery life. I have one on my Benelli SBE2 and one on my Mossberg 835.

nice pics beagler, nice scope but out of my price range! tntshootist di you loose zero or did lens crack? trs-25 right?

It was shooting great with 2 3/4 and I like it. Then I shot 3 3" and the fourth one went into the ground about 20 yards, I thought something I must have done so tried another. Same thing. The dot had moved a bunch. I had it on an 870,old wingmaster so it was not an especially light shotgun. Might never happen to another one who knows. The trophy was a few years old so a new one might not do that.

thanks for the feedback, from the info ive gathered the last few days alot of red dots even some higher end ones can be hit or miss when it comes to the recoil of 12 gauge magnum loads. I may go ahead and try the trs 25 as some at old gobbler use and suggest it.

thanks for the feedback.

lonnie

I bought a Weaver micro dot after reading of several turkey hunters praising them. Used for $50 on ebay. Just picked up a Sparc 2 this evening. The Weaver will probably end up at 45 degrees on the AR.

Back