CFE in 308

pyscodog

Loaded up some 168 SMK's with CFE powder to try in my 700P. worked really well. Best groups the rifle has shot so far, in the 1/2 in range at 100yds. Have any of you tried it yet?

I've played with it quite a bit, tried 155 scenars and 168 smks. Acuracy was decent with both, it also seemed to very resistant to charge weight and seating depth changes, the group size changed very little no matter what I tried. I have some loads written down if your interested. They were shot from a 26" savage with 1:10" twist.

Originally Posted By: pyscodog...Haven't cronied it yet, just got some good accuracy...
Looking for a 2nd type powder, similar to 8208, interested in CFE, let us know the fps you're getting. tia

Originally Posted By: pyscodogHaven't cronied it yet, just got some good accuracy. What did you end up using?

Currently using 42.0 gr of XBR8208

I use CF&E in my 223 & 22-250. I love the way it burns and the accuracy. It is like coal dust so I had to modify my powder funnel so I wouldn't lose any powder when reloading small mouth on calibers used. It seems readily available from local vendors and price is just a good as other powder. Rudy

Back