Vortex Diamondback

LUCKYDOG

I was thinking about putting a Vortex Diamondback 3.5-10X50 on a new rifle I just bought. The reviews are great and the salesman at Cabelas raves about it. I thought I'd see what you guys think of them.

Thanks in advance!

i personaly have the 3-12x42 and love it! my grandad has a vortex on his truck rifle and evry time i talk to him he asked me why he hadnt been using vortex his whole life. the lifetime no questions asked warrentee is a huge plus as well.

You know I have had some querks with Vortex,especially in their Viper lineup..But I gotta say I have 2 Diamondback HP's and one regular diamondback on my 17HMR and I gotta say for the cost im pretty dang happy!
If this is your price range,I say give it a try.

Last edited:
I have a 4-12x40 and really like it. I have had it on a few different rifles and it currently sits on my 270. My only complaint is that it has a very short tube so I had to put a one piece base on the rifle so it would fit on the long action. Other than that, it has been beat up and knocked around and I have never had a problem with it.

Shelton

I have several Diamondback scopes and they are actually quite nice for the price. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them or buy another my self.

Well, I bought a Diamondback. It's setting on top of my new Marlin 30.30. I have plans on going to the range tomorrow. I'll let you guys know how it works out. I'm a lucky man. I have 3 brand new guns to shoot tomorrow. Marlin 30.30, Kimber 1911, and a Smith and Wesson M&P Shield 9mm. It's been way to long without shooting.

ive got a 4-12x40 diamondback on my blackout upper.

i can tell you that in low light conditions - especially so during dawn and dusk times back in the woods - the glass is fantastic.

i'd rank my scopes as follows for clarity
1) 4.5-14x40mm vx3
2) 4-12x40mm diamondback
3) 3-9x40mm vx1
4) 4-12x40mm bushnell banner
5) 4-12x40mm simons (older simons, from before they really went downhill)

i would very much like to note that the perceived difference of going from the vx1 and the banner is at least as significant as the perceived difference between the vx3 to the vortex.

Back