Sneek Peek first thermal Vids from the new IR Patrol

Originally Posted By: Shurshotany update on when that DVR will be available Vic?

Getting REAL close. Cables getting assembled now, all testing done with "filtering" and all that other tekkie stuff!
smile.gif

Vic

Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisHas anybody seen the prices on the 2x and 3x magnifiers??

Gheez!

I feel you Brother. Germanium glass has not come down in price since WWII and keeps rising it appears. Guess it's a real treat we're not buying a 100mm lens (price wise!)
w00t.gif

In case anyone is interested, when I could not see certain videos posted before, I just saw an X where the video should have been. I finally figured out the problem. It was strange because some worked fine and others would not. What I discovered is that in my browser, IE 11 in the add-on settings, my Shockwave Add-on was disabled. I enabled it and all is working now. I thought I would share in case others have the same issue. It was driving me crazy and I have no idea how it got disabled but that is what my problem was.

Originally Posted By: skinneyAfter getting some time in the field with a few thermal monoculars I would have to say the helmet mounted system would be huge for what we are doing... The IR Patrol looks like its a top notch piece, I'll have to start saving.

There is definitely a need for a helmet mounted thermal. So many times walking to a stand I'll stop periodically and check the area with the LS64/XR and there will be coyotes out loping around. Most likely if I was only using the helmet mounted 14 I would've scared them off without even detecting them and only furthered their education & wasted my time.

The ability to also add on a 2x or 3x focal magnifier make it a pretty powerful little device. I really like what IRD is doing, pushing price point, features & performance.

Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisI have the m300w kit on order. Should be here mid June;-)
do you know if they are shipping the 250 kit yet?

Walking to any stand with a helmet mounted thermal is going to be dangerous and difficult, once you are there no problem, but I would suggest that you use helmet mounted NV when walking off road.

M24%20Helmet%20Front.jpg

M24%20Selfie.jpg

You will end up on the ground or worse trying to be mobile with any helmet mounted thermal if you are not extremely careful....

I still have my gen3 for the helmet, but it is pointless for me to worry about spotting something on the way to the stand because I am carrying so much stuff with me that I would never be able to set it all down and take a shot without spooking it in the first place.

1. rifle
2. tripod for rifle
3. tripod for caller
4. caller
5. external speaker for caller
6. bag with all the little stuff I carry
7. stool or mat

so the gen3 mounted on the helmet would also require me to carry the other monocular. all this adds up to where I don't have enough hands to carry it and the weight of it all is another factor making it not to practical to carry it too far from where I park the Gator...

Use NV for being mobile propelled by two feet, use Thermal for being stationary and detecting.

You can use thermal for being mobile under limited conditions which are few and far inbetween.

Forget driving/navigating your UTV while using thermal, not a problem with NV.

Originally Posted By: ShurshotI still have my gen3 for the helmet, but it is pointless for me to worry about spotting something on the way to the stand because I am carrying so much stuff with me that I would never be able to set it all down and take a shot without spooking it in the first place.

1. rifle
2. tripod for rifle
3. tripod for caller
4. caller
5. external speaker for caller
6. bag with all the little stuff I carry
7. stool or mat

so the gen3 mounted on the helmet would also require me to carry the other monocular. all this adds up to where I don't have enough hands to carry it and the weight of it all is another factor making it not to practical to carry it too far from where I park the Gator...

Ditch the Rifle Tripod & replace with lightweight shooting stick
Ditch the caller Tripod
Ditch the External speaker
Ditch the little bag - replace with jacket pockets

I have a hook fastened to my belt that i hook my ecaller onto.
In one hand is my stool and shootin sticks, the other hand is used for climbing over fences and to view with my thermal as i walk out to my stand.

You carry way to much stuff IMO.

Originally Posted By: SkyPupUse NV for being mobile propelled by two feet, use Thermal for being stationary and detecting.

You can use thermal for being mobile under limited conditions which are few and far inbetween.

Forget driving/navigating your UTV while using thermal, not a problem with NV.

Yes, and especially the bold print, this is a safety hazard.

Anybody that actually tries it out for themselves will tell you the same thing, unless you are on a suicide mission.....

Back