Thermal Units Competing with FLIR?

Back to something real.

The way to deduct a Thermal scanner for anyone who owns a small business, rental property ect is Sec 179 (100% first year deprecation). Every accountant knows what sec 179 is.

It doesn't need to be valuable for your business just find one use for it.

suggestions...
rental property owners could check for heat loss or check for hot wires around panels
contracts can use them as stud finders. You can actually look at walls and see how it was framed or remodeled.
Mechanics can look for hot bearings ect

I've deducted two thermals, a couple of laser range finders, and a pvs-14 by being creative.

Thanks for the help Family guy.

A couple of other thoughts
Mechanical service company or tech - hot spots on boilers or loss on refrigerant runs, poor insulation in duct runs, etc
Plumbers or companies - poor insulation leading to inefficiency wrt hot water, or poor insulation leading to frozen pipes (probably really relevant with this winter!)
Marina owners or marine techs - hot bearings, water intrusion into laminated hulls
Farmers- deer in crops leading to losses
Chicken farmers or other livestock farmers, ranchers - finding predators to stop or limit depredation
Chimney sweeps and companies - hot spots revealing potential fire risks

I'm sure I'm just scratching the surface...

On a 65,000 acre perpetual conservation easement, it's all part of a nights work that will outlive all your heirs!

This topic is gone off topic badly ......

I have summarised everything that I posted about the FLIR LS-XR and created a new topic called "FLIR LS-XR is here ..............." it is found at http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...245#Post2809245

Those who want the Flir LS-XR news, pics, videos, questions and comparisons should goto the new topic and those who want info about thermal units competing with Flir should post here.

I have also added a NEW night video just now, it is 17 minutes of various night videos shot randomly.

Originally Posted By: LDhunterI don't have a dog in this fight but I've always bought the best hunting equipment I could afford with an eye toward value and durability.

It appears to me that FLIR is the big dog in this game and my money, when I finally spend it, is very likely to be spent on Flir equipment and my dealer will be TNVC.

Predatormasters has always been about the free exchange of ideas and if we didn't agree with someone's opinions we always just politely agreed to disagree and promoted our favorite dog in the race/fight....

Let's keep the personal attacks to a minimum and keep our sense of humor.

Skypup has always been the go to guy for information on Flir equipment and many many of us are very greatful for his help and advice and he has unselfishly shared many of his experiences with us.

If I didn't like him or resented him in any way (which I don't) nobody here would ever know it. I respect the time he has spent to share his experiences and knowledge with us and many others as well.

Let's all learn together and drop the personal attacks and just share our experiences freely like we on Predatormasters have always done.....

Climbing down off of soapbox and headed to work...
smile.gif

Sincerely,
$bob$

Thank you for the kind words and vote of confidence. Glad to be a supporter of this great site with many quality thermals to chose from our web site.
smile.gif

very interesting..
all information is helpful in some fashion, even if you just decide to ignore it.

what i would like to know is how you justified writing off NVGs for work?

The examples of thermal are great and also a nice extra use for the device.. Love it when i can get more use out of some of this expensive stuff we buy for hunting..

I use my call as a speaker when camping to listen to Pandora.. The Prarie Blaster can really crank out the CC&R.

For those looking for a good and cheap scanning device....

I just bought a new scanner.

Pulsar Quantum XD50S, this one rocks and cheap. The picture quality is superior to Flir LS-XR easy.

Will post pictures, videos later..

Check the Pulsar Quantum XD50S out ......

Originally Posted By: doublecheeseFor those looking for a good and cheap scanning device....

I just bought a new scanner.

Pulsar Quantum XD50S, this one rocks and cheap. The picture quality is superior to Flir LS-XR easy.

Will post pictures, videos later..

Check the Pulsar Quantum XD50S out ......

I bought a Pulsar HD19A to use until the IR Defense Patrol units are available. I am very pleased with it, especially for $2k.

I even rigged to to run on my hunting cart with a screen.

qXysJU4.jpg

Last edited:
Back