Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#2826038 - 04/23/15 07:25 PM HECS Camo Suit
Trophyhunter Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
I just ordered the HECS camo suit today. Seems kind of expensive, but if it works like they say maybe it will up my game. I was wondering if anyone here has tried it, and what your opinion is. At first I thought it was just another gimmick to get my money, but after watching the videos on their site I thought I would give it a try. All opinions welcome.
Thanks,

Edited by Trophyhunter (04/23/15 07:27 PM)

#2826039 - 04/23/15 07:30 PM Re: HECS Camo Suit [Re: Trophyhunter]
crapshoot Offline
Retired PM Staff

Loc: Henderson,Nevada,USA
Doesn't seem to be much if any first hand experience on here.
http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...528#Post2822528

Average response time for a 911 call is 10 min.
Average response time for a .45acp is 900FPS.

Remember, if you're not pissing off a liberal......You are one!
Ted Nugent

#2826054 - 04/23/15 08:12 PM Re: HECS Camo Suit [Re: Trophyhunter]
Trophyhunter Offline
Die Hard Member

Thanks Lance, Just watched the HECS show on the Pursuit Channel today then watched their videos on their website, and read as much info on it as I could. After that I decided to give it a try. After I get it, and try it out a while I will come back, and post my results. By the way I was cleaning up my hunting room the other day, and got to looking at the PM Hunt picture that I won in the raffle at the 2004 PM hunt where Will's wife, and son attended. It brought back a lot of good memories of that hunt. Had you, Randy Black, Michael McCasland, Redfrog, Jay Niestetter, and all the original gang. PM has sure come a long way since I joined in 2002. I was member 2118. Now we are over 50,000. Will would be proud. [beeep] I'm proud!!!

#2828583 - 05/02/15 09:28 PM Re: HECS Camo Suit [Re: Trophyhunter]
vanhornet Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: mid mo
Hi, my first post, and I know I'll probably take some grief, but....... I know what I experienced.

Heres my story:

53 years old, retired, been hunin for 40 plus years, with just about every kind of weapon from a stick to a bow, to an AR, heck even used a bowlin ball one time, but that is a subject for another thread !

I received a suit as a gift a couple of months ago. I thought, yeah right, seriously ? A Faraday cage suit ? I had never heard of them until I was given one. Needless to say I was very skeptical, and put it away until yesterday, after readin about them in a mag.

I was visitin my mother, who has fed the birds for probably 30 years on the rail of her deck.

I was sittin out on the deck, and the birds, a dozen or more, were perched in the branches of the trees, waitin for me to go inside so they could resume feedin. They VERY rarely lite on the rail when someone is out there, and if they do it's only for a second or two. Well, I went inside and donned my suit sans the headnet, and went back out and sat not 6 feet from the feeders and piles of sunflower seed on the rail.

Within 2 minutes of settlin in, 1 by 1 they started droppin out of the trees and landing on the rail right in front of me. At one point there were prolly 20 sparrows, 4 or 5 Martin lookin birds, a male Cardinal, and a few other unidentified winged critters, all happily pecking away.

I got many sideways looks, but little reaction, even when slowly movin around smoking a cig. They did scatter when I abruptly stood up, but most only went a few feet, and returned within less than a minute.

It was like I wasn't there. I don't know how to explain it.

I've been around the proverbial block more than a few times, it's not my first rodeo. I spend an extraordinary amount of time in the woods, heck I live on some pretty remote land in mid Missouri, so I'm not a stranger to wildlife, and their habits, and have been photographing critters and such for many years.

Can't wait to test it out some more.

#2828662 - 05/03/15 10:51 AM Re: HECS Camo Suit [Re: vanhornet]
Big_Foot Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Over there....among the lakes
I have to agree with you. I wear mine hunting in the fall and many times while sitting on stand I have had chick-a-dees and nuthatch land very close to me, sometimes on my head and arms. When sitting on the ground (turkey hunting) I have also had chipmunks and ground squirrels come right up to me. I am no physics Phd, so I cannot explain it, but I believe the stuff works.

By the way, Welcome to PM! thumbup

"The time is near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be free men or slaves."G. Washington

Politicians are the lowest form of life on the earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politicians. George Patton.

#2828819 - 05/03/15 11:36 PM Re: HECS Camo Suit [Re: Trophyhunter]
Trophyhunter Offline
Die Hard Member

I can't explain it either, but yesterday while turkey hunting I walked up on two deer and they just stood there while I walked past them at about 40 yards. Later I had 10 hens, and 3 jakes walk by me at ten yards. One hen stopped and looked at me, but went right back to feeding past me while none of the other birds paid any attention to me at all. I'm still not convinced totally, and will continue wearing it to see just what I can get away with. Can't wait to try it on predators.

#2828835 - 05/04/15 06:09 AM Re: HECS Camo Suit [Re: Trophyhunter]
old cat Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: wv
did not see any coyote down wind videos.

#2828905 - 05/04/15 12:58 PM Re: HECS Camo Suit [Re: old cat]
Big_Foot Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Over there....among the lakes
w00t
Vanhornet,
Where did you get the picture of Hillary? Or is that Pelosi?

"The time is near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be free men or slaves."G. Washington

Politicians are the lowest form of life on the earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politicians. George Patton.

#2829567 - 05/06/15 05:52 PM Re: HECS Camo Suit [Re: Trophyhunter]
sendit223 Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: a little north...a little west
There are many threads arguing the value of ghillies. I think waaaayyy back a guy even called in a coyote while wearing a Santa suit to make a point.

I wear a ghillie top and a hat I customized quite a bit. They both break up my human outline I believe, and regardless I am more confident wearing them. The former is likely of value and the latter keeps me optimistic and alert. I also wear a 3/4 mask to keep my bright face from shining and gloves too.

Sendit

NRA life member on principle alone due to the current assault on our 2nd Ammendment

#2836600 - 06/04/15 04:50 PM Re: HECS Camo Suit [Re: vanhornet]
Coyotehunter_ Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Southern IN
This is why wildlife photographers were camo or Ghillie SP? suits

Still that's interesting. I wish I could picture what the camo suit that you are talking about looks like.

Any links to their web site maybe?

Edited by Coyotehunter_ (06/04/15 04:55 PM)

Coyotehunter_

#2836613 - 06/04/15 06:03 PM Re: HECS Camo Suit [Re: Coyotehunter_]
vanhornet Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: mid mo

#2837173 - 06/07/15 11:10 AM Re: HECS Camo Suit [Re: Trophyhunter]
HideHunter Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: SE Iowa
I'm glad someone finally had the guts to ask. wink I love to have one to play with.. Guess I've spent dumber money.. laugh I'll be watching this one.

Edited by HideHunter (06/07/15 11:10 AM)

#2837266 - 06/07/15 06:38 PM Re: HECS Camo Suit [Re: old cat]
skinney Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: South Dakota
Originally Posted By: old cat
did not see any coyote down wind videos.

Because you won't.

They'll hear ya three times, see ya twice, but only smell ya once.

Play the Rabbit, and they will come.

#2837443 - 06/08/15 01:43 PM Re: HECS Camo Suit [Re: sendit223]
BOBTAILS Offline
PM senior

Loc: In the sage
Originally Posted By: sendit223
There are many threads arguing the value of ghillies. I think waaaayyy back a guy even called in a coyote while wearing a Santa suit to make a point.

I wear a ghillie top and a hat I customized quite a bit. They both break up my human outline I believe, and regardless I am more confident wearing them. The former is likely of value and the latter keeps me optimistic and alert. I also wear a 3/4 mask to keep my bright face from shining and gloves too.

Sendit

Want to say that guy was Jay Nisetter or Gerry Blair in the santa suit.

Wolves don't lose sleep, over the opinion's of sheep.

Carver Predator calls Prostaffer, Made in the USA!!
www.carverpredatorcalls.com

#2837455 - 06/08/15 02:37 PM Re: HECS Camo Suit [Re: Trophyhunter]
lyotehunter Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: roy,ut.,u.s.a.
thanks guys,it is pretty sad when you worry about asking a question on a site like this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  DesertRam, Matt1953 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.