Thread chase?

jholp

I have a new stripped lower by MAG Tactical Systems - it is the magnesium alloy one weighing a scant 6 ounces !

I have discovered the recoil spring tube will not thread in past about 1/2 of the distance it needs to travel to be all the way home.

The thread tap 1 & 3/16 by 16 is what I am told one would use to chase the threads. This same tube will thread right into 3 other lowers so I am relative certain the threads were not cut far enough through. One can see the threads are all the way through but the tube binds up tight before all the way through.

Your thoughts and ideas are appreciated.

John

Originally Posted By: jholp
Your thoughts and ideas are appreciated.

first thought is put some good lube on the threads and use a little more muscle.

if first thought does not work then second is send it back to where you got it.

third thought is for lilysdad. never had this problem with polymer lowers. none of them.
lol.gif

I'd be sending it back to them. No FFL needed and they can return it straight to you. It only costs you about $6.00 for postage. They should be able to fix it and turn it around fast. Why mess with it.

Greg

Slicker,

It has to go in far enough to engage the buffer, spring, and plug and that is what it will not do.

Shipping it back is the best solution, I think.

Thanks,

John

Back