Boyds Gunstocks?

tatsoul

I ordered a custom walnut stock for my Tikka Mar 27.20 days later not an email or nothing.When i ordered i asked the time frame and was told a week to 10 days.Even says it on there terms and conditions.So i called customer service and the lady said its 10 to 14 days after its processed and i should be getting a tracking number by the end of this week or next week.Almost a month later.Anyone ordering a boyds stock throw the 10 day figure out the window.Not even sure why they even say it when in reality its a 4 week ordeal.Spent 411 dollars on the stock and it will be my last from there.i dont mind ordering a stock that takes a month but at least be truthful and give an accurate timeframe.screwed my plans up big time.
Anyone else order a stock from there that took over 3 weeks to a month?

I see complaints on here, but I have actually had pretty good luck with them...I've got several stocks and all fit perfect and arrived fast.

I ordered 2 a month ago. It took just over 2 weeks. Never got an email w/ tracking # No complaints there. What ticked me off is no one answering their phones or returning calls.
I've got one ordered now. We'll see how long this one takes.

Im giving it to friday than im calling them and telling to keep it.than im calling my bank and reporting it as vendor fraud.they didnt meet the requirements i paid for.on orders that go over double the time they could at least give you an update or round about time frame

Just curious, not being combative. Boyds stocks average around
$100 in price. What were you having them do custom-wise to
increase that amount to $411?

xx walnut,flur de li checkered,end cap and but cap and recoil pad.standard LOP.Still nothing yet.22 days and counting.Customer service basically tells me ill get it when i get it.Ill never order nothing from them ever again.

Originally Posted By: biggen0_8So did you join this forum just so you can bad mouth a company?

Classy

No been a long time lurker here for a while.Just joined to ask any one elses experiences with said company.

Quote:xx walnut,flur de li checkered,end cap and but cap and recoil pad.standard LOP.Still nothing yet.22 days and countingQuote:I would think that custom work would ad to the timeframe listed.
The last time I was on their site, most of the quick turn around times involved those items that were on sale or in their current inventory...Almost any semi-custom options or specialized work will add to a time frame...

While I can agree with the need for better communications, a three week wait is not an unusual factor and if it gets to the six to eight weeks, then I would start getting concerned...Especially if they had already cashed my check or debited my credit card...

I'VE HAD NOTHING but Great service from Boyds todate --Have 7 rifles with Thumbhole stocks and all arrived timely and fit perfect---But than again there not custom there stock item

Im somewhat dumbfounded that you spent 400 bucks on a Boyds stock. Boyds makes nice stuff...for a hundred bucks. Four hundred is getting dangerously close to good stock territory.

I've got no complaints about Boyd's. They have come through every time and even helped my wife get me a new walnut stock for my "go to" elk rifle, a Interarms Mark V 7mm Mag, as a surprise Christmas present.

I placed my order on 4/16 and emailed them this morning (4/29) to check on status. They emailed back 2 hours later that it had shipped yesterday...within their 10 business day time frame. Due to be delivered on Friday. I'm happy!

Back