Colt competition model ??

Rmart30

Absolute newbie to AR's here so go easy.

Never been around many AR's but have thought lately of getting a small compact model of some sort for a BU truck gun.
While at the LGS today they were pulling out old stock from the back and pulled out 4 dusty boxes. They were Colt "competition models" they were labeling "on clearance" for $699.
Said they had "upgraded triggers" and a 18" barrel.

Any input on this model ?

$699 for a Colt. If it looks even semi normal, grab it.

I just looked around and the asking price is just under $1400.You better go buy them all before the dealer reads this post.
kwg

Last edited:
odds are good that they have fast twist barrels, 1 in 7 is likely. Which means they may be picky about shooting lighter bullets accurately, that rate is intended for heavier bullets used in matches.

Not a huge problem, just be aware you may have to play a bit to find the right ammo to match the barrel.

Originally Posted By: dogtiredMade by Colt Competition. As stated above. Good rifle but that is market price.

http://www.coltcompetitionrifle.com/

That one looks different than the ones I saw ... handguard is different, I dont remember seeing the muzzle brake on it and it did not have the fwd assist.
Think the ones he had were leftover old stock.

Im gonna pass on them. If I ever do pu a AR i think im going to go with something compact and light weight.

I shoot a Colt Competition rifle (CRP-18) in 3 gun competitions. It is a shooter. Sub-MOA out of the box with cheap-ish Fiocchi ammo.

If I could buy a dozen at that price I would, so I'm sure it's not the same. It would be interesting to see a photo of the rifle in question.

Sendit

Back