Lee 4 rifle die set...

wolverines

Anybody used these? I've got a set on order and the description says they are carbide dies, no case lube required. I've used the RCBS and Lee carbide pistol dies with success. Just wondering how these will work with necked cases.

Rifle dies are not carbide. The taper in rifle cases make it near impossible to manufacture. Pistol dies can have a carbide sizer because they are straight walled. I think the 4 die set comes with full length sizer, collet neck sizer, seater die and factory crimp die.

Post a product number please as I see no mention of carbide rifle dies for bottle neck cartridges on the Lee site.

I have a set in 25-06 . They are serviceable and produce excellent ammunition. You can ask the local pig population. Like most equipment if you do your part you can get good results. I have dies from all the major manufacturers and i have several sets of Lee dies . There are some things about Lee dies i don't like but they work well. They are not finished as well as RCBS or redding but with a little care they hold up well. If your on a tight budget they will give you good service. Unlike some of the other manufacturers most of their equipment is not warranted for life but in a lot of cases it is half the price. Just one of those decisions you have to make. Lee also has products like the Collet neck sizing die and factory crump die that the other guys don't build. So they are an innovative manufacturer.

Back