Fence post mount for caller

Humpness

I found a t post mount for bird feeders mailboxes etc. threw some Velcro on the call and plate. I might make a wedge with Velcro on it for those uneven posts

Last edited:
How about just a piece of velcro through the handle and around the post or wire. I have thought about that in the past but never tried it.

Ever since I switched to the fox jack from the mojo critter it's been a pain to hang on fences. If the caller is tilted it's hard to deal with the fox jack from getting hung up. Mojo is easy when you shove the spike down into the tie wire. This little cap is easy to stow in my pack. Too simple. I'm trying to downsize on all the junk I carry but I think there is a lot of use in it for me.

Originally Posted By: HumpnessIf the caller is tilted it's hard to deal with the fox jack from getting hung up.

Use a piece of drinking straw to stiffen the lower portion of the spring that support the decoy. It keeps it more upright and out of the brush or wire. Experiment until you find the length that works for you. Mine's about 2/3 the length of the spring.

Originally Posted By: DesertRamOriginally Posted By: HumpnessIf the caller is tilted it's hard to deal with the fox jack from getting hung up.

Use a piece of drinking straw to stiffen the lower portion of the spring that support the decoy. It keeps it more upright and out of the brush or wire. Experiment until you find the length that works for you. Mine's about 2/3 the length of the spring.

That's a good idea. And I love the idea of the device using Velcro to put the unit on top of the fence post. Before I saw the pictures I was imagining a thick wooden fence post such as a 4x4 piece of wood. I didn't even think about a smaller thinner metal fence post but now after seen the pictures of this device it makes perfectly good sense. Most new fences are made with these metal posts. I guess I'm just getting old. To me a fence post looks like the fences that are in Cade Cove in the Smokey Mountains and they were made out of all wood. Now my idea of a fence post is more inclusive.
smile.gif

Yea really where did you find that cap? I'd like to find one like that. I love using Velcro to hold stuff onto things. That stuff has so many good uses. And to think it was invented by looking at a cockle burrs that were attached to someone's cloths after a trip afield. I use to pull cockle burrs out of my dogs hair all the time when I was younger. And I had plenty of them clinging to my pants and socks over the years.

Back