Did you get drawn? some results are in for big game hunts

Tbone-AZ

I know there are a lot of us here that put into our respective states lottery (their term not mine) for big game.

Did you get drawn? for what?

I just found out that i will receive an AZ Any Elk tag for 10/23-10/29. Should be a great time of year in unit 6b.

I would suggest if you are in AZ and want a tag, that you try and apply for the left over tags..

At least its a chance and there are some good tags left over. I think trying for one of those is better than sitting this season out..

I live by the policy that you only have so many hunting seasons in life. I don't want to miss a single one.

Good luck.

Did not draw the Golden Tag. It's for the 5 mile buffer zone between Buffalo Horn Creek and Yellowstone Park. 5 tags for around 800 applicants. Been trying for a long time to draw that tag! 2nd choice was an unlimited draw right in my back yard.

Tbone-AZ, been chasing the very limited draw September trophy / rut rifle hunts. I have so many bonus points I don't want to "waste" them on a standard hunt. btw I'm in the resident pool with a lifetime AZ Hunting License.

AP

OK, that makes sense if you are putting in for a early season rifle hunt in some of the prime area's..
my father has 9 bonus points and has been doing the same thing.. I get it now, but for the first few years, i was trying to get him to stop focusing on a specific spot and hunt, and put in for a good area, and we will find an Elk.

The results have been me getting drawn for 8 years and him bumming elk off me for 8 years.

I am starting to think that there may be some kind of older man cunning move at play here.

Staring at the calendar, fingers crossed!
smile.gif

Tbone, who have you been bribing at G&F? If you Dad has nine bonus points and you have pulled 8 elk tags in 9 years I assume. I want to know your secret if that is the case. I put in for late rifle cow hunts with several bonus points and I get a refund check.

Thanks, but i don't apply for hunts that have single didget Percentage luck of getting picked. It's not lucky to get picked for areas that people don't, won't, or can't hunt.

New Mexico draw results are out. My family had 13 applications in and I pulled a deer tag. That's it. Gotta figure out where to take the kids hunting now!

Originally Posted By: DesertRamNew Mexico draw results are out. My family had 13 applications in and I pulled a deer tag. That's it. Gotta figure out where to take the kids hunting now!

Az is nice in the fall! Lol

Originally Posted By: AzDiamondHeat
Az is nice in the fall! Lol

It does have potential. Need to do some more research.

I'm also considering pronghorn in WY for one kid and deer in TX for the other. Maybe a little one-on-one time for each.

Back