Great Company and Long Walks

Ursus21

Sorry there won't be any dead coyotes in this post. They will have to come later as my dog gets older. For now it's time to train and spend time together. It's all part of the hunt down the road.

The town I live in is called "Belt" it is named after a belt-like rock formation that encircles a large butte near town. To reach the belt around the butte is about a 5 mile hike from my front door. Since moving here I have wanted to hike up to the belt around the butte and see it for myself. I finally got all the different land owners between my house and the butte to agree to let me hike in there. So yesterday along with my youngest son Hunter and my new mountain cur puppy "Bear" we headed out.

Here I am with bear. The butte is in the background. I love spending time outdoors with this little guy. He's he!! on the house, but great in the hills. We still have a mile or so to go to reach the "belt".
Troy%20Belt%20ButteC_zpsku0hnggb.jpg

Here Bear and I are standing on top of part of the rock formation. That little puppy is fearless and will climb anything.
Troy%20Belt%20ButteD_zpsc1jdy0gc.jpg

Bear and I from another angle taking a little break before we start our decent back out.
Troy%20Belt%20ButteB_zpsjpk7om22.jpg

My youngest son Hunter as we work our way back down off the butte. The rock "belt" formation can be easily seen in the back ground.
Hunter%20Belt%20ButteB_zpskxltsrb9.jpg

All in all it was a fun hike and quality time spent with my son and the new puppy. Here is a photo of the butte as we looked back. We still had over a mile to go before reaching home and we had to hurry as the sun was going down quickly along with the temperatures. We made it home fine and I'm not even sore today. So I'm a happy 50 year old fat man.
smile.gif

Belt%20Butte%204-16-15_zpsvrkwzxyi.jpg

One last pic of me heading for home. As a side note hikes like this do a body good. Trying to keep up with my puppy has been even better. I've lost 15 lbs in the last few weeks largely due to trying to keep up with the little bugger.
Troy%20Belt%20ButteA_zpscrknjezi.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Enjoyed the hike; glad to meet ya, Bear. Cute pup and beautiful country, what more could you ask?

Thanks for inviting us along.

Regards
hm

This is what i love about this forum you never know where our next adventure is going to take us or what exactly we will be doing next, lol ! Thanks for the hike ! Good times shared with the young ones for sure !

Great share! Congrats on the son. congrats on the pup. I too have a young pup around the house and she has been a pain in the a$$! Mine is a catahoula. Hoping they both grow up to be a pain in the coyote a$$!

batman1262, I hear exactly what you are saying. He can't grow out of his puppy stage fast enough. I would love to skip the puppy stage, but then again, I'd love to skip the teenaged years with my children as well. However, what I'd love to do and what I will do, are two different things. We're all stuck with each other good, bad, or otherwise.

Originally Posted By: hm1996Enjoyed the hike; glad to meet ya, Bear. Cute pup and beautiful country, what more could you ask?

Thanks for inviting us along.

Regards
hm

I second that! Couldn't have said that better myself.

Thanks for sharing, I miss my hunt'n dogs, very special, each one.
And my son has grown, and his son is about to graduate HS..
Where did all that time go ?

Back