UPDATE 5/23/15**want suppressors??It's a great day!! The bill PASSED!!

Sounds like the hearings start March 12th, 10:15 am room 10 of the state office building. Next to the capital.

There will be hearings on suppressors, capitol carry, legalizing gun purchasing out of state and recognizing North Dakota carry permits in MN. Lunch sometime in there.

Man I wish we could get suppressors up here.

I think there would be more doubles in the books for sure.
smile.gif

just got this email back from bill weber
Thank you for relaying your support for the Senate File (S.F.) 1435.

I am a strong supporter of Second Amendment rights. It seems that Minnesota is one of only 11 states that have not adopted the federal stance on sound suppressors, which does maintain some level of regulation on the purchase and owning of suppressors. Unless something changes, I intend to support this bill.

Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions or concerns about S.F. 1435 or another state issue.

Yours truly,
Bill

Senator Bill Weber
125 State Office Building
100 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
St. Paul, MN 55155

Pretty interesting, I emailed Mark Anderson asking him to support the bill prior to it being introduced and he didn't know anything about it. I told him who was putting it together and he comes out as the main sponsor. I have great state reps in my area.

Here's a reply I got from Rod Hamilton..

I'll email again and ask for his support.

Kollin, thank you for contacting me! I am sorry for the delay but we are extremely busy up here this time of year. A quick note to say, I appreciate hearing your input on the matter and will keep an eye open on that bill this year as it progresses through the legislature.

Hope all is well, Rod

Rep. Rod Hamilton
District 22B
245 State Office Building
100 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
Saint Paul, Minnesota 55155
(651) 296-5373 
1-800-735-2463

Got another good reply!!

Senator Julie Rosen supports!

Don't back down now fellas, legislation continues this week!

Dear Kollin,

Thank you for reaching out to my office to discuss an issue that is important to you. As a member of our community, I understand your concern over our state’s laws concerning firearms and firearm sound suppressors.

House File 1434/Senate File 1435 is generating a great deal of discussion this legislative session. Legalizing firearm sound suppressors has bipartisan support and I am supporting it. I will continue to follow progress made in the Senate Judiciary Committee and the bill’s status in the House.

Again, thank you for getting in touch with me. I encourage you to reach out my office again with any legislative concerns or questions you may have.

Warmly,

Julie 

Last edited:
finaly got a reply from Hamilton.

Todd, thank you for contacting me! I want to say I am really sorry I'm only replying to your email now. It gets so hectic up here this time of year and life gets so busy that I may lose track of even more important things. Quick note, HF 1434 does have my support and i appreciate hearing your input.

Hope all is well,

Rod

Originally Posted By: foxhunter17finaly got a reply from Hamilton.

Todd, thank you for contacting me! I want to say I am really sorry I'm only replying to your email now. It gets so hectic up here this time of year and life gets so busy that I may lose track of even more important things. Quick note, HF 1434 does have my support and i appreciate hearing your input.

Hope all is well,

Rod

That's great!

The house passed the suppressor bill today April 16th....

By a vote of 89-40
Here's the yah and nahs..

next up is Senate, email and or call your reps.
It's now or never fellas!

Actually watched it live. They tried their stupid bipartisan crap. They had to do a House call to get everyone to vote. Gun owners really have to love Cornish, he is a awesome supporter of our rights.

It is really important that we let our senators know how we feel. The DFL is in the majority.
The Governor is going to need a call also so that joker doesn't veto the bill.

You are absolutely right!!

Tony Cornish has been a huge 2A over the years..

It's funny how back in 2005 he voted against rifles with light at night for coyotes. ..

The word on the street is Duhton will more than likely veto it.. but I'm keeping my fingers crossed

Back