Time for a new Hoyt

Ricky Bobby

.... been shooting them for almost 25yrs. My current bow is probably 5 or 6yrs old. It's the AlphaMax 32. Aspen before that. Hoyt's are just plain reliable and trouble free, at least that's my experience with them.

Anyway, I really think I'm going to grab their new Nitrum 30 in the next few days or so but haven't completely excluded their Carbon Spyder yet either. Anybody want to voice their opinion between these two Hoyt bows? Please feel free to!

I also shoot the Alphamax 32 and bought it new in 09' I dont really have a reason to buy anything new as I feel they havent came far enough to make the upgrade justifiable. With that said my Alphamax has been nothing short of reliable, glad you have had a similar experience.

Can't speak about what you are looking at. But in the same boat as you been shooting them for 20+ years and have 2) CRX35's one ap cammo and the other is a blackout. One is set up for hunting and the black one is my 3d bow set up with scope and long stabilizer. It will be a long time before I need a new one. My last two were both ultra tecs and were one year apart. They were 2 of the best bows that I had. I think I have gone through close to 12 different models. I also have a 09 ultra elite that is hanging on the wall that I need to move that reminds me in need to get some pictures up and see if I can sell it.

I have been hunting with a alpha max 32 for about 5 years and love it! I have a friend who gets a new Hoyt every year and he now has the nitrum 30 and says it is the best bow he has ever shot in his life. I'm thinking of upgrading myself.

Have you considered the nitrum turbo... I recently switched from an elite to a new nitrum turbo, the draw cycle is not as smooth as the elite and there isn't near the valley but boy it's fast and very quiet and shock free too.

I shoot a carbon element and like it, I think the carbon bows are really smooth. My friend is a Hoyt dealer located near Chicago if you want me to check a price for ya pm me.

I personally own A 2015 Carbon Spyder Turbo and it is a fantastic bow aside from the $$$. My hunting partner has a 2015 Nitrum Turbo and it is just as sweet a shooter as the CST and is $500 cheaper. The draw cycles are pretty stiff on the tail end but boy do they shoot, quiet, fast, shock free. You will not be disappointed with either one.

Back