Crows

April Fool !
tt2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: marcoCBH, you ever try the 20gr.XTP for crow? Im think about going back to them.
No sir, I have been using the Hornady V Max

Last edited:

The CCI 20 gr. Game Points have worked very well for me and is my round of choice between it and the 17 grainers. The Game Points work great for groundhogs too.

Perhaps you could send those pics to the West Virginia DNR. They might like them as evidence for crows harvested after March 7, which was the end of crow season. Just sayin'.

Originally Posted By: marcoCouldnt find any 20gr. XTP today but picked up some of the new A17 17HMR ammo!

The 20 XTP is a wicked accurate round.
Not as explosive as the 17 V-Max, but wicked accurate.

Originally Posted By: specPerhaps you could send those pics to the West Virginia DNR. They might like them as evidence for crows harvested after March 7, which was the end of crow season. Just sayin'.

Thank you for your concern. I believe this would have been more tactfully handled with a private message, but since it seems to be an issue, I felt compelled to investigate. I did a little quick research and found this:

Originally Posted By: West Virginia DNRNuisance Crows: crows committing depredations upon ornamental or shade trees, agricultural crops, home gardens, livestock, or wildlife, or when concentrated so as to constitute a health hazard and or other nuisance may be killed at any time.

WV DNR regulations

So perhaps these are actually nuisance crows causing damage, which according to the regulations can be shot at any time. I find this much more likely given the manner in which this is presented, though I'll leave it to the thread originator to elaborate if he wishes.

I will be glad when the "just sayin'"fad is over. It's an underhanded,passive aggressive phrase that I'm sick of seeing. Say what you mean, mean what you say.

LOL! There's one in every crowd!
These crows are very smart! Every now and then we "pop" a couple from the corn bin, but they get wise very quickly! They haven't been back on our property for quite a while, but I see and hear them every day on the neighbors farms. I wish it was that easy to keep the racoons away!!

We have a season kind'a like West Virginia's. Had a game warden once say he's never seen a crow that wasn't or about to commit depredation.

Last edited:
Back