Oh Hill No!

azmastablasta

Oh Hill no! Clinton’s stale presidential plan wrong for nation
By Michael Goodwin April 11, 2015

More than five years ago, a Clinton confidant matter-of-factly described for me Hillary’s Plan. She would ­resign as secretary of state after President Obama’s first term, write a book and then run for president again.

Check, check, and, with Sunday’s official launch, check again. Her to-do list is complete.

She stuck like glue to The Plan, which required years of misleading blabber from her and Bubba that she hadn’t decided about 2016. Fish gotta swim, and a Clinton’s gotta run, so there was never an iota of doubt.

But time has marched on and the world has changed, making The Plan, and her, look stuck in the past. What the great Murray Kempton wrote in 1965 of John Lindsay’s first mayoral run — “He is fresh and everyone else is tired” — is not something anybody says of Hillary these days.

She’s been on the national stage for a quarter-century, though because of all the drama, it feels like we’ve lived through several lifetimes with her. Along the way, she’s reinvented herself more often than Madonna. While the spectacle of an aging hoofer trying to keep up with the kids is riveting, the kicks aren’t what they used to be and the odor of desperation is unavoidable.

A presidential campaign headquarters in hipster Brooklyn — really? Announcing on Twitter — really? As Joan Rivers might have advised, Oh, Grow Up!

The sweaty effort to appear fresh reinforces the suspicion that Hillary senses danger in the argument that she’s awfully close to her expiration date. It’s not merely a matter of age, though she will be 69 come next Inauguration Day, which would put her close to Ronald Reagan’s record.

The real issue is Clinton fatigue, a national exhaustion from having been-there-done-that too many times. Her husband’s popularity counts for something, but she’s already milked that cow dry.

She’s got to make a case that goes beyond just wanting the Oval Office. She’s got to earn it and I’m not sure she can.

Here’s another blast from the past — Monica Lewinsky is 41 and wants to reclaim her identity, making her a potential bombshell that could explode without notice.

The arrows, then, all point the same way: Hillary is past her peak and missed her best chance in 2008. Her two elections and eight years in the Senate had made her something bigger and better than a scorned first lady.

he was ready to make history and the country was ready to help her. Then along came that fresh-faced senator from Chicago with a better game plan and a more convincing claim on history, and the brass ring eluded her grasp.

Her pain was understandably acute, and her willingness to join his team couldn’t have been easy. Shuffling off to Timbuktu while the big decisions were made in Washington was another stab in the back. But she endured, and even played along with his cockamamie foreign policies, a mistake that continues to damage America and her reputation.

That bad run of experiences could have forged her character into something admirable, but her performance so far has been a disaster. Instead of re-emerging as a smarter and more focused force rejuvenated by defeat and exile, she seems to have learned nothing and changed not a whit.

She still makes ­baby talk about breaking glass ceilings and other coded references designed to get her Pantsuit Posse out of their chairs, but it feels like a re-enactment rather than the real thing. After each bad review and each new scandal, the prospect of another usurper emerging from the shadows must give her panic attacks. Déjà vu all over again.

Will the left’s new darling, Elizabeth Warren, jump into the race? Will Martin O’Malley steal Iowa and puncture her balloon of invincibility?

What about Obama — will he help her or dump her? What price will she pay if she breaks with him on Iran or Israel? What mischief is Valerie Jarrett making?

Hillary would be crazy not to consider all those scenarios and a dozen others, but her first steps are depressingly robotic. Raise more money, hire more advisers, parse and calculate, hide behind her Praetorian Guard, rinse and repeat.

She’s older but not wiser and only a groupie could think it’s working. She’s become a gaffe machine and showed a tin ear by continuing to give paid speeches until a month ago. Then came the e-mail debacle, which evoked a universal “there she goes again” quality.

It brought back a souped-up carload of bad memories — her habitual secrecy, arrogance and, most damaging, dishonesty. If she had come out and simply said she set up a private server for government business because rules are for little people, she would have had the virtue of honesty.

But still constitutionally incapable of being straight, she concocted a silly lie about the “convenience” of carrying only one electronic device, which was promptly demolished when evidence emerged that she had both a BlackBerry and an iPad.

We still don’t know the full story of what shes hiding in those e-mails, but already there are fresh wounds. Although no Democrat threatens her yet, recent polls in six swing states show that, in head-to-head matchups against a raft of Republicans, she is basically tied or trailing nearly all of them. She makes them all look good.

Most revealing, Quinnipiac University also asked voters in Colorado, Ohio, Virginia, Florida, Pennsylvania and Iowa whether she is honest and trustworthy. Only in Ohio were the numbers split evenly; everywhere else, either a majority or a clear plurality answered with a resounding “No.”

Given her long history, ­changing voters’ minds on something so basic as trust won’t be easy. Her best hope is to fire a withering barrage of mud against an incompetent Republican. Again, we’d be reliving the ’90s, with her spying a vast right-wing conspiracy behind every tree and playing the victim when it doesn’t work. Oh, what fun.

There is, of course, a long way to go until November of next year, and events, especially the growing world disorder, will likely reshape the campaign and the public mood numerous times. Like all the candidates, she’ll have to reshape her message, too — after she comes up with one.

So far, something about Hillary does not seem right for the present, let alone the future. Aides have been discounting the early going as a false measure, and assuring backers that she’ll right the ship once she launches.

Perhaps, but she is taking on much more water than they had expected, and her margin for error is shrinking fast. The polls suggest there is a tipping point with voters and inevitable stumbles and scandals could make 2016 look like 2008.

It could be that she’s star-crossed, and the gods will conspire against her again. After all, as Mark Twain observed, “History doesn’t repeat itself, but it does rhyme.”

http://nypost.com/2015/04/11/oh-hill-no-clintons-presidential-plan-is-growing-stale/

It would be really nice if we could write Hillary off so easily, but the Billary Machine will NOT self destruct. Hillary has a plan that includes arriving at the White House at the end of the next election and the only thing that's going to derail the Hillary for President Train is someone beating her to the station.

The good news. This nagging little issue of trust. Or lack thereof. It's a huge problem for her and it's not going to go away easily.

The bad news. The republicans need to capture the middle class. Another Robo Romney fail won't do that. We need a winner.

Grouse

The article is being too cute with the polling data. Hillary is actually well ahead of the Republican candidates in the early polling that I've seen. I do believe that she is a candidate that can be beat. Republicans need a special kind of candidate, but a path to the Whitehouse does exist.

What's up, Borken. I will not be supporting Hillary. I'll actually be voting for the Republican candidate. I'm hoping we can come up with a strong, viable field of contenders and pick a winner.

See guys, we have living proof that if we are patient and continue to lead our few liberal friends to the truth, there is always hope.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: azmastablastaSee guys, we have living proof that if we are patient and continue to lead our few liberal friends to the truth, there is always hope.
wink.gif

Blasta, it is an actual fact that my conversations with you guys really have led to a change in my political convictions.

Naw Stu, I believe he has turned over a new leaf. I've followed HB for several years, not only here but other forum sites as well. Now it would be a stretch to see this work in progress as a staunch right-wing conservative, however, I do believe he has seen the light at the end of the tunnel so to speak. He has been a true gun lover for years, however until recently, he fell for the lib talking points saying they didn't want to outlaw guns only to restrict them from bad guys. Recent events have become so blatant that those lies no longer have the same effect. Guys like HB are idealistic and truly want what's best for America, and libs know how to exploit them. I know also that he was, IIRC an officer in the military, and likely there found his first exposure to guns to any great extent. I doubt he was raised around them. However, I've always seen him as a reasonably intelligent, if somewhat naive guy. Once someone discovers the extent of the lib lies in an area that interests them, it's not much of a reach to discover the overwhelming amount of deceit they spread elsewhere. I certainly could be wrong but I have seen subtle changes in his demeanor over the last few years and I welcome his new found insight. Feel free to correct any errors in my story line HB and welcome to the real world.

Originally Posted By: HunterBear71The article is being too cute with the polling data. Hillary is actually well ahead of the Republican candidates in the early polling that I've seen. I do believe that she is a candidate that can be beat. Republicans need a special kind of candidate, but a path to the Whitehouse does exist.

I never thought we would be on the same page but I think what you said is right. I hope the Republicans stick to their individual messages and not slash and burn each other.

As much as I think we would all like to take credit for bringing about that change in HB, I'm pretty sure the current administration and their so called transparency in ALL things they've done, has likely had a more profound affect in that regard than anything we could have ever done.

Welcome to the dark side HB, you'll love it here! We all knew you had it in you, you were just blinded by the sight of Michelle's backside!
wink.gif

i think Ablasta summed it up well. HB71 always conducted himself in a friendly mannor here.
there were times he would get my blood boiling but i truely liked the guy.

but i just gotta know HB.........did you mean it when you said "Michele is a fine looking woman"
confused.gif
laugh.gif

good to see the conversion. It gives me hope that people will wake up.

Its good to see that people are calling this for what it is..

I am hearing that it's her time.. But for what, what has she done. Nothing.. In the last election she claimed that she would be the one that you want to answer the phone at 3am. We have all seen that it's not the case, she hit the snooze.

I cannot find one actuall accomplishment that she has actually done.
I can on the other hand find lots of video of her screaming that we should have the right to challenge the administration, any administration.. Yet, then plenty of video of her not wanting to answer the questions that are raised when she was there.

I am mad at the republicans for not having the conviction to stick to their election promises.
But, its going to be a dark day before i just sit on my hands and see Hillary get elected.

We, know she is going to cheat. The Republicans should be doing a lot of things in the states to make sure cheating doesn't happen.
Everyone should have to vote in person on the day. no more early ballots, and absentee stuff.. If you can't be bothered to show up, then i don't think it should be counted..

Quote: We, know she is going to cheat. The Republicans should be doing a lot of things in the states to make sure cheating doesn't happen.

AMEN!

Regards,
hm

Back