anyone ccw s&w j frame?-snubnose

ohihunter2014

ive got a s&w air weight/j frame/snubnose revolver and looking for either a IWB or OWB holster. two of them im looking at is safariland IWB and Blackhawk speed classic.

what are you guys using?

I used to carry a S&W occasionally and used a Safariland paddle (not sure if its still made. Good, high ride and comfortable. Now I almost exclusively carry a 1911 and use a crossbreed. Crossbreed is awesome.

S&W 60, 640, and 642. More often OC with revolvers, or CC under a jacket, but have IWB small back holsters for these, as well as appendix.

More often, I carry Ruger SP101's, and more often than that, I carry Ruger LCP's.

I have a model 36 that I've carried since '64..Not sure but I think the holster is just a plain Safariland belt holster that I bought about the same time...I also have an IWB holster that was made from Ostrich hide by the guy that used to make all the PD leather gear at the PD....

Originally Posted By: OldTurtleI have a model 36 that I've carried since '64..Not sure but I think the holster is just a plain Safariland belt holster that I bought about the same time...I also have an IWB holster that was made from Ostrich hide by the guy that used to make all the PD leather gear at the PD....

+2 but I got mine in 1965. Here to Safariland!!!

My 642CT rides in a BlackHawk leather hip holster that rides tight to my body and I have had no issues with printing. I also carry the same gun in a BlackHawk #4 pocket holster in my front pocket of my jeans or in a coat pocket in my North Face jackets, all work great for me.

thanks guys, I looked around at 4 stores over the weekend, I wanted a thumb break pancake holster bu because my guns hammerless it wouldn't fit. I looked into some of the pancakes without a thumb break but im scared of it falling out. I used to use a Blackhawk cqc for it cause I use the Blackhawk duty holster for work so wanted to be the same system but it prints too much. I ended up with a safariland IWB with retention screw, Rural king has them for under $40 they are all leather and built tough from what I see. gotta get used to the IWB though its a little uncomfortable.

This thread got me to thinking again about my old friend. She's a 640 357 Mag. I carried her for a long time. Got to looking at my holsters today and all I've got is a bunch of crap. Ordered a new Galco hornet today. I may just start carrying it again and park the 1911's for awhile.

Originally Posted By: claimbusterThis thread got me to thinking again about my old friend. She's a 640 357 Mag. I carried her for a long time. Got to looking at my holsters today and all I've got is a bunch of crap. Ordered a new Galco hornet today. I may just start carrying it again and park the 1911's for awhile.

I love my revolver. I carry and auto for work but when it comes to ccw I love a snub nose. easy to hide, tighter trigger pull so no accidents, light weight and knock down power.

Sorry, I listed the wrong holster for my 642CT, it is a Bianchi leather thumb break hip holster. The thumb break is for the hammerless j-frame, I ordered it from Midway about 3 months ago.

Back