Happy with my new .277WLV upper.

Lights

Got out to the range today to break in my 18" WLV. I put Iron sights on this one. Man was I surprised how well it shot at the 100 yard range with them sights. Load was 25.5 gr of 1200R pushing a 90gr Gold Dot set off by a Tula SRP.

While getting it on paper I did have 2 slam/bump fire rounds go off and I do not know why. I have this upper on my go to 5.56 DPMS lower which has never done that to me before with 5.56/.223 rounds fired in it. Might have to try CCI 450 primers to rule out slam fire do to floating firing pin? Otherwise my trigger group may be getting worn out.

100 yard open sight target.

My 18" WLV. Just need to send the FF tube out for hydro dipping.So it will match my 5.56/.223 upper and stock.
[(http://s13.photobucket.com/user/Mleyde/media/20150412_171006_zps5212eed5.jpg.h7tml]
20150412_171006_zps5212eed5.jpg
[/URL]

Originally Posted By: Widow maker 223Looks like it shoots great!

What exactly happened? Did it fire when you closed the bolt? Thats a slam fire.

Both times after sending the first round down range it fired the second round upon the bolt closing. I really think I was not holding it tight enough to my shoulder. The movement of the rifle along with the light trigger set it off just like a bump fire.

Looks great! I'm on an 18" kick myself. I have an 18" BCM upper coming this week. I was out the other day and picked up two 'Spikes' stripped lowers.

I'm just starting on one right now. I think I may use a Mag Pul CTR stock on both, still researching though.

Originally Posted By: midwestpredatorWolverine is not for me but looks like it's going to be a shooter.

Ya it's probably not a cartridge for ND. But it is awesome for shooting deer in the thick MN woods were I hunt. We hardly ever get a shot over 100 yards. You just can't see that for in them. My son shot a deer last fall with his 277WLV with a 85gr Barnes TSX and I could not believe how good the bullet performed.

Back