Looking for a hide

NC204Ruger

I dropped off a coyote at the taxidermist the beginning of February to have mounted for a decoy dog. I called him this week and he said the hide will not work as he needs a 36" hide to fit the sitting position form. Problem is, I don't have one....so I'm looking for one. Anyone know where I can get one at a reasonable price?

How is he measuring the 36" hide?

I have a stack that are raw and fleshed and stretched that might work. The issue though is that it doesn't have the paws it's a standard case skinned hide.

If i have one that would work, I can send you pics and I would be willing to ship it to you in a flat rate box for $40

The other thing that you can do is ask him to order a form that does fit your hide, or assuming yours it smaller, to have him sand it down to fit your hide.

I guess it just depends on what the issue is. The other question to ask is if he wants a dry tanned hide or wet tanned. Usually a taxidermist wants a wet hide to work with.

Thanks. Taxidermy is not my area of expertise, but he mentioned that it needed to be 36" from the tip of the nose to the tip of the tail. If you have one with the paws, I'll buy it. I will ask him if he wants it wet.

I don't have any with the paws..

But, i would think that you don't really want the paws. If i was going to do this, i would want the foam hollowed out and the paws off, and a spike inserted, to stick it in the ground.

Also just to make sure.. Your hide it to small right? I mean if it's to big, he could sew it in the belly to shrink it down.

No, it will measure 36" from tip of nose to BASE of tail.If he can't find a mannequin to fit then he should be able to alter that one. If he's a good taxidermist.

Back