6XC ?

Smitty2

I basically have a 6XC but it has a 40% shoulder. And the other deal is the twist in the barrel is 1 in 14. So I can't use the heavier bullets. I just got the 1st edition of Berger Bullets and it doesn't have a load for 68gr.vld target Can anyone help?
Can give more info I needed. I have had this rifle about 14years and don't thing I have ever hit its potential. I fire from my brass form 250 savage.

I am shooting 43 grains of RL17 in my 6XC with 87gr Bergers in a 1-10 twist if that helps you at all. Lots of 6xc guys over at accurateshooter.com, join and you can see the load data forums, that is what I did to find info.

The Berger 6mm 68gr is a FB bullet. And it is requiring a 13" TW acording to the Berger site. I don't see that working too well in this application. The 65 Gr FB will work, but likely not the 68.

Like said above,go over to the 6MMBR.com website.Plenty of guys able to help you out there.

Last edited:
You are shooting a 6/250 AI sounds like to me, really great cartridge! I shot a case full of Win 760 and a 70g Nosler at incredible speeds.

good tip on the 6mmbr.com reference. I just bought a 6XC and that helps me. thanks!
thumbup.gif

Back