Elections run up

Heretic

Despite the sad state of affairs after the last presidential election and tragic shootings around the same time, as well as the less than desirable (imo) non-democratic candidates for president, I've noticed that the price of AR15s and component parts is at an all time low.

Palmetto has ARs for $500 and .308 AR platform for $720. LPKs can be found for $40, stripped lowers for $45, etc. While the price of pistols has remained fairly even, the presence of $1000 vanilla ARs has all but evaporated.

I'm not trying to start a hoarding campaign or engage in fear-mongering but I would think that now would be a great time to think about picking up that extra lower or BCG, before we find ourselves in the midst of another "can't find parts" scenario.

Also, I've noticed a trend by manufacturers to offer more single stack pistols. This is a complete 180 degree route from not too long ago when a double stack 13rd .45 was a big selling point.

Thoughts?

I agree that now's a good time to get into a nice black rifle if you're so inclined. I have a "spare" that I've considered trading out (I really want a new Browning A5), but I'm reluctant to let go of a good rifle that I have in hand.

As far as pistols go, I think the increase in the availability of slimmer single stack semi autos is a direct result of more and more states getting on the concealed carry bandwagon and more people starting to exercise their right to self defense. It's much easier to discreetly carry a nice little single stack than a fat 'ol double stack.

yep, most guns have really good prices on them now, it seems that supply has passed demand on that.

ammo & components remain problematic.

I have been seeing some great deals on cheaper low end AR15s

I have been dithering on getting a couple for my kids that are getting to the point that they are going to be shooting coyotes with me.

I cringe handing them a $1000 gun, but a $500 ar15 is a animal of a different color. Maybe it's just me, but that sounds like a good idea.

Back