Pro staff 5 vs monarch 3

jk6140

I will be picking up some glass for my new r-15. I have been a nikon user for years and not sure what I am going to go with. I, mainly have Nikon buckmasters (nikoplex reticle) on all my guns and have no complaints. I have recently been looking at the Pro staff 5 3.5-14x40 and the Monarch 3 in the same power range as the pro staff 5. Can anyone tell me if its worth it for the Monarch or if the pro staff 5 is better than the lower line of pro staff's? I would like to stay with the nikoplex reticle. It will be used for coyote hunting at night and some groundhogs. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I have both scopes, the Monarch is on my 204 upper and the Prostaff is on my 5.56.........

Honestly, you would be hard pressed to notice much difference between the two for shooting coyotes.

I bought a used 6 x 18 Buckmaster and have looked at the Prostaff 5 and it was much brighter. I'm sure it would be fine for yotes. I haven't compared to the Monarch.

I have a pro staff 5 3.5-14 on my 6x6.8 and it seems a bit clearer than my 4-16x buckmasters, but as stated above you will be hard to see that outside flipping guns back & forth.
I don't have any monarch line just the buckmaster & now this one.
I like the mildot reticle & SF, same as all the other Nikons.
Tracks perfectly also, clicks are soft, but I can feel them.

My monarch is a little brighter on nasty weather days. However you will have to have both guns side by side to notice it. I have the monarch on my 7 mag and the pro staff is on the 308 that my daughter uses. I watch the deer that she shoots through my scope so that I have an idea of where she hits them. She can always see well enough that she has never wanted a different scope and I have offered several times.

Back