Old Simmons scope value

TroyBoy

I have a Simmons 3-9x40mm Wide Angle #1029 scope that I have had maybe 30 years. Spent some time on my 7mm and muzzleloader but doesn't have enough eye relief. I have a co-worker looking for a cheap scope. I was wondering what a fair price would be?

It ain't worth a happy meal, give it to him. That way if the old dinosaur rolls over [beeep] up on him there ain't no hurt feelings.

if it was a snowwis, you might get 6-700 bucks. too bad it is a simmons.............
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: sweatybettyif it was a snowwis, you might get 6-700 bucks. too bad it is a simmons.............
grin.gif

Good memory! I make a post about the ultra rare "Snowwis" scope 6 years ago. I wish that I could still pull up that old Gunbroker ad. It was indeed a classic.

I have given away 3 Simmons scopes in the last 3 years, to younger shooters. All were at least 20 years old, and I got my use so I just gave them away to someone looking for a scope for a gun. 20+ years ago I was on a tight budget with young kids, now they are all grow and married, so I have upgraded all my scoped rifles.

Originally Posted By: RustydustOriginally Posted By: sweatybettyif it was a snowwis, you might get 6-700 bucks. too bad it is a simmons.............
grin.gif

Good memory! I make a post about the ultra rare "Snowwis" scope 6 years ago. I wish that I could still pull up that old Gunbroker ad. It was indeed a classic.
My dream rig…….17 HMR topped with a snowwis! I'd be ready for anything,all day long,if I did my part!!!!!!

I have a stack of them in my gun room. I pull them off whenever I buy a gun and put them back on when I go to sell it
laugh.gif
Scoped guns sell better at auction regardless of the scope type. If I keep the gun it gets decent glass. Life is too short to hurt my eyes over $200. Someday life will be too short to not put good glass on!

Back