Bullet ID Help

blopez50

I picked up a bunch of these bullets a while back as blems. Just out of curiosity, I'm trying to figure out what they are.

Here's what I know:
6mm 65gr boat tail OTM with cannelure

It's in the middle with a 70gr NBT on the left and a 55gr NBT on the right.

Last edited:
I bought a bunch of those also and assume they are Bergers as they are the only ones making a 65g Boattail. Maybe an over run for a custom order as it is easier to add a crimping groove than to change the weight of a bullet.

They are not Bergers as to my knowledge Berger has never made a canellure bullet. I would guess Hornady as they make a 65gr 6mm but just a guess

Originally Posted By: blopez50Whatever they are, they shot about .5" at 100 today out of a 6x6.8 in front of 31gr XBR!

Barrel length and velocity?

Originally Posted By: midwestpredatorOriginally Posted By: blopez50Whatever they are, they shot about .5" at 100 today out of a 6x6.8 in front of 31gr XBR!

Barrel length and velocity?

Don't know yet.... The chrono wasn't cooperating and I just had a few loaded for an accuracy ladder.

I bought some midway blems that look like it except mine were 22cal 55gr. Excellent accuracy but not a great hunting bullet,the 2 coyotes I shot looked they were hit with a fmj. Probably a match bullet. I tried to get more detail about them when I called midway but they told me they are not allowed to give any info that isn't in the bullets description in the add. My guess is they are hornady.

Back