Sow Nailed in Backyard

Nice hog! Also a nice Spyderco!

Dunno how I missed the talk on zoonotic diseases, but after having had cryptosporidiosis, I'm pretty vigilant about gloves, and washing up (never ever want to go through that again)...good info on leaving the injured ones for the scavengers...

These swine just keep coming back for more high velocity! projectiles!
ohmy.gif

This is what happens when they become addicted to high speed bullets and you get addicted to Night Vision/Thermals....
smile.gif

Skulls2.jpg

Nice, I haven't seen that movie till now. Great movie .

It is funny although we live in different worlds, we make the same baiting preparations and hunt the same way at night
smile.gif

When you are out there in the dark late at night, it does not matter where you are, it all looks the same in your limited FOV!

Discovered a huge fresh hog wallow back behind the barn, looks like a big boy loaner boar hog has been hanging out here, will try him out tonight after dark with the helmet mounted FLIR M-18 and FLIR RS-64 scope!

Hog%20Wallow.jpg

Originally Posted By: SkyPupDiscovered a huge fresh hog wallow back behind the barn, looks like a big boy loaner boar hog has been hanging out here, will try him out tonight after dark with the helmet mounted FLIR M-18 and FLIR RS-64 scope!

Hog%20Wallow.jpg

SkyPup,

You're killin' me.... LOL

Now you show up with a boar the size of a pickup truck and an $11,000 handheld scanner! You're setting the bar higher even faster than I can save up my fun money... LOL

There is one thing that confuses me though. Where do you get "loaner" hogs? Do you have to return them after you shoot them?
wink.gif

$bob$

Maybe they loaned it to someone else when he failed to kill it.... LOL

I usually don't give people grief over grammar but SP is so well educated I figured he's fair game... LOL

$bob$

Have not busted that "loner" boar hog yet, but now an entire sounder has showed up!

Will try them again later tonight, they hit all my feeder tubes out behind the house.

Shot this boar hog in the head in some really dense snare brush at night two nights ago with the RS-64 and could not get in there to find him.

Was out putting corn in feeders this afternoon and the buzzards notified me as to his location.

He'll make some nice coyote bait this weekend!

RS%20Buzzard%20Hog.jpg

Skypup,

I know that hogs probably don't get mange but what the heck is wrong with this hog? He's missing a bunch of hair. I know they rub on trees etc. but I've never seen one that looked like this one. Any ideas?

0_Hog_missing_a_lot_of_hair.jpg

$bob$

Most likely severe dermatitis as a result of hog lice infestation, the higher the density of hogs the more likely the transmission of lice among them. Lice are one of the reasons they mud themselves up and rub, it is not transferable to humans unless perhaps someone is immune compromised in some way.

Back