NYS Coyote Hunters

Originally Posted By: McallisterI've called in 6 and got 3 so far this year in st Lawrence county. I just started hunting them last year and absolutely loving it. Anyone else from the north country?
You must be a quick learner,thats good results for around here.I'm in Sackets Harbor.I'm having my best year ever,7 fox and 4 coyotes so far.

p657628637-4.jpg

I called this one in yesterday and my brother took his first coyote. She was 10ft away when he put her down. It took 14 minutes of calling and this was the closest I have ever had one come.

Nice kills guys. So,what's everyone up to now? I've got 9 coyotes and 2 reds down so far. This week things seemed to have slowed down a bit for me, I'm not sure what's going on with these dogs.

Originally Posted By: McallisterNice kills guys. So,what's everyone up to now? I've got 9 coyotes and 2 reds down so far. This week things seemed to have slowed down a bit for me, I'm not sure what's going on with these dogs.
I got a double last friday nite so I'm at 6 coyote &7 fox.

Originally Posted By: jamesdOriginally Posted By: McallisterNice kills guys. So,what's everyone up to now? I've got 9 coyotes and 2 reds down so far. This week things seemed to have slowed down a bit for me, I'm not sure what's going on with these dogs.
I got a double last friday nite so I'm at 6 coyote &7 fox.
Got another last night! 7coyotes 7 foxes

In the catskills wondering if anyone wants coyotes i get while hunting
unsure.gif
. The person i was going to bring them to i heard is no longer taking them or in the business. PM if you want. I have a ton of coyotes around me and its time to thin the herd. Good luck to anyone in the upcoming contest. Got a nice young female this morning. She surprised me and got my new foxjack decoy. Two strides later she meet the business end of a 50gr vmax
thumbup1.gif
. Time to get a go pro it was awesome to see her charge mouth wide open teeth showing at that decoy.

Just got onto the forum here and have been reading up on some good tips and tricks here in NY. I live in Wheatfield near the Niagara Falls airport and mainly hunt public. I have permission on a friends land south of Houghton and get down there when I can. I use and electronic and a couple hand calls. This is only my second season trying this and even though I am sitting on the goose egg just the possibility excites me. Waiting to hear my S&W M&P 15 report and fur to start falling. Going out again in the morning. Good luck everybody and if you ever want to try to partner up on some yotes or foxes let me know.

So with only 1 week left how did everyone end up doing? I got 14 coyotes, 1 bobcat, and 3 red fox. Hopefully the weather will cooperate this week and we'll be able to knock a couple more down before it ends.

Going out in the morning. Finally glad the snow is gone and hoping to clear out some coyotes on our deer plots. Plus I can start to look for sign of turkey and maybe find some sheds. Either way, I am happy just to get out.

Originally Posted By: McallisterSo with only 1 week left how did everyone end up doing? I got 14 coyotes, 1 bobcat, and 3 red fox. Hopefully the weather will cooperate this week and we'll be able to knock a couple more down before it ends.

7 coyotes, 7 fox, my best season ever!
Gen 3 NV and FLIR PS32 best money ever spent!

Originally Posted By: jamesdOriginally Posted By: McallisterSo with only 1 week left how did everyone end up doing? I got 14 coyotes, 1 bobcat, and 3 red fox. Hopefully the weather will cooperate this week and we'll be able to knock a couple more down before it ends.

7 coyotes, 7 fox, my best season ever!
Gen 3 NV and FLIR PS32 best money ever spent!

Nice work! I got a ps32 this year too, going for nv scope for next season.
I ended up with 15 coyotes, 3 fox, and 1 bobcat. We called in 4 coyotes this past weekend but couldn't get a shot off at any of them unfortunately. Only 6 long months and we'll be after them again!

I just found this thread the other day and I'm still only a third of the way through trying to catch up. I started predator hunting this year and finally got my first coyote (40 lb female) right before the last day of the season. Hard work paid off.

10:10PM (after 52 minutes of howling) 100 yard 223 superformance:
IMAG0154_zpslxamublj.jpg

Last edited:
Back