Sighting in eotech

Kpete

I'm sighting in my new eotech holographic sight and I zeroed it at 50 yards. It shot very well out to 100. Now my quistion is I flipped the 3x magnifier down and shot it at 100 yards and it was off from where I had it with no magnifier. I asumed it was just a magnifier and wouldn't move my shot placement. I guess I was wrong. Do I have to zero with magnifier right from the start? I can't seem to wrap my head around it. Any help is appreciated.

Why wouldn't you zero with the magnifier to begin with? It is more accurate and should be easier to get an actual zero. I run a 3x as well on my eotech and have no issues with zero.

Quote:Why wouldn't you zero with the magnifier to begin with? It is more accurate and should be easier to get an actual zero....I would agree with this...Using the 3x 'should' give a better zero at the identical distance since the reticle in the Eo-Tech, once set, generally is accurate regardless of head/eye position...

The only thing I can think of that might change that would be a change in your normal head position that obviates the 'any angle' potential with the 3x..That might be a question best posed to an Eo-Tech rep...

Back