Handguard installation issues

SDCoyoteCaller

Hey guys,

I bought this 2 piece handguard to replace the standard M4 handguard on my AR.

However, when I got it installed I noticed that it didn't fit completely tight in the handguard cap like the old one did. The only difference between the two handguards that I can notice is that the 4 nobs on the end of the handguard that go underneath the cap to tighten things up are larger on the old handguard versus the new one. I think this is what is creating a little slop in this new handguard. This little slop causes the handguard to not quite close completely, but the gap is very small. I honestly don't think that the handguard will come apart, but it just bothers me. I guess my question is if this is acceptable? Is there a way to tighten things up? I hope I am explaining this right. Thanks in advance for the advice!

If you're set on keeping the MFT handguard, then I'd personally rough up the 'lips' on the handguard a bit, throw some release agent on the handguard cap, and bed the handguard with epoxy. That would let you tighten up any slop on the outer dimension of the handguard lips.

Originally Posted By: VarminterrorIf you're set on keeping the MFT handguard, then I'd personally rough up the 'lips' on the handguard a bit, throw some release agent on the handguard cap, and bed the handguard with epoxy. That would let you tighten up any slop on the outer dimension of the handguard lips.

If I am following you correctly, I think that just might work!!! Essentially, that is what the problem is. Those little "nobs" on the "lips" that go underneath the handguard cap are just slightly smaller than the previous handguard that was on their. Bedding the entire handguard to fit tight underneath the handguard cap would definitely solve the problem. Thanks!!!!

Back