So, Is He A Racist?

azmastablasta

Wouldn't be a surprise to see him on the Dem Prez ticket.

Nebraska senator compares police to ISIS, suggests he’d shoot a cop
By Deena Winter March 25, 2015

A Nebraska state senator compared American police to Islamic terrorists and suggested he'd shoot a cop if only he had a weapon.

Nebraska's longest serving senator, Chambers represents north Omaha, a high-crime area where racial tension simmers and sometimes erupts after encounters with police. In March 2013, for example, police threw a man to the ground and pummeled him while 32 police officers stormed a home across the street, in response to a parking complaint. Four police officers were fired amid allegations of excessive force, evidence tampering and a police cover-up.

"I wouldn't go to Syria, I wouldn't go to Iraq, I wouldn't go to Afghanistan, I wouldn't go to Yemen, I wouldn't go to Tunisia, I wouldn't go to Lebanon, I wouldn't go to Jordan, I would do it right here," Chambers, who is black, said. "Nobody from ISIS ever terrorized us as a people as the police do us daily."

Chambers then added fuel to the fire, saying if he had a gun, he would use it on police, not his political opponents.

"If I was going to carry a weapon, it wouldn't be against you, it wouldn't be against these people who come here that I might have a dispute with. Mine would be for the police," he said. "And if I carried a gun I'd want to shoot him first and then ask questions later, like they say the cop ought to do."

State Sen. Ernie Chambers said during a legislative hearing on March 20 that you don't have to go halfway around the world to find an ISIS mentality. It can be found in America because police terrorize blacks every day.

He was referring to the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, which has beheaded journalists and brutally executed Westerners and others.

"My ISIS is the police," Chambers, an independent, said, adding police can get away with shooting people if they "think" they're going to do something -- like pull a weapon.

"The police are licensed to kill us -- children, old people," he said.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/03/...-hed-shoot-cop/

I am embarrassed to have him representing anyone in our state. He is an Al Sharpton wannabe. Remember, this is the senator that tried to sue God.

Quote:Remember, this is the senator that tried to sue God.

And how did that turn out?
lol.gif

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: mhammerI am embarrassed to have him representing anyone in our state. He is an Al Sharpton wannabe. Remember, this is the senator that tried to sue God.

I just couldn't stand it....had to know more about this nut.
grin.gif
Just your average democrat, I guess:

Quote:
Nebraska Senator Sues God to Stop Terror Threats

Nebraska State Senator Ernie Chambers (D – Omaha) filed suit against God Friday, asking a court to order the Almighty and his followers to stop making terrorist threats.

The suit (.pdf), filed in a Nebraska district court, contends that God, along with his followers of all persuasions, "has made and continues to make terroristic threats of grave harm to innumerable persons." Those threats are credible given God’s history, Chambers’ complaint says.

Chambers, in a fit of alliteration, also accuses God of causing "fearsome floods, egregious earthquakes, horrendous hurricanes, terrifying tornadoes, pestilential plagues, ferocious famines, devastating droughts, genocidal wars, birth defects, and the like."

Likewise the suit accuses God of having his chroniclers "disseminate in written form, said admissions, throughout the Earth in order to inspire fear, dread, anxiety, terror and uncertainty, in order to coerce obedience to Defendant’s will."

Chambers, who has represented Omaha, Nebraska since 1970, asked the Douglas County district court for summary judgment or to set a quick hearing date "if the Court deems such a hearing not to be a futile act."

The senator also wants the court to issue a permanent injunction prohibiting God from issuing plagues and terrorist threats. It’s unclear how this could work since God is usually understood to be all powerful.

Chambers does admit that God is omnipresent and omniscient, however. Since God is everywhere, the Nebraska court has jurisdiction, Chambers argues, and since God is all-knowing, Chambers need not serve him with a notice of the lawsuit.

http://www.wired.com/2007/09/nebraska-senato/

Still laffin'
lol.gif

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: Orneryolfart357Maybe next in line to head the ATF? lol

Naaah, Grant, DOJ.

Regards,
hm

The members of the state should recall someone that is that out of wack..

In AZ, you only need half the people that voted for them to get a recall and special election.

Don't even get me started on "Ernie".
I thought that piece of crap was out of the state senate a few years ago.

Last time I saw him, he pulled up on the street by the capital, parked in a
handicap spot and went running in.

Biggest raciest known to mankind.

Originally Posted By: hm1996Originally Posted By: mhammerI am embarrassed to have him representing anyone in our state. He is an Al Sharpton wannabe. Remember, this is the senator that tried to sue God.

I just couldn't stand it....had to know more about this nut.
grin.gif
Just your average democrat, I guess:

Quote:
Nebraska Senator Sues God to Stop Terror Threats

Nebraska State Senator Ernie Chambers (D – Omaha) filed suit against God Friday, asking a court to order the Almighty and his followers to stop making terrorist threats.

The suit (.pdf), filed in a Nebraska district court, contends that God, along with his followers of all persuasions, "has made and continues to make terroristic threats of grave harm to innumerable persons." Those threats are credible given God’s history, Chambers’ complaint says.

Chambers, in a fit of alliteration, also accuses God of causing "fearsome floods, egregious earthquakes, horrendous hurricanes, terrifying tornadoes, pestilential plagues, ferocious famines, devastating droughts, genocidal wars, birth defects, and the like."

Likewise the suit accuses God of having his chroniclers "disseminate in written form, said admissions, throughout the Earth in order to inspire fear, dread, anxiety, terror and uncertainty, in order to coerce obedience to Defendant’s will."

Chambers, who has represented Omaha, Nebraska since 1970, asked the Douglas County district court for summary judgment or to set a quick hearing date "if the Court deems such a hearing not to be a futile act."

The senator also wants the court to issue a permanent injunction prohibiting God from issuing plagues and terrorist threats. It’s unclear how this could work since God is usually understood to be all powerful.

Chambers does admit that God is omnipresent and omniscient, however. Since God is everywhere, the Nebraska court has jurisdiction, Chambers argues, and since God is all-knowing, Chambers need not serve him with a notice of the lawsuit.

http://www.wired.com/2007/09/nebraska-senato/

Still laffin'
lol.gif

Regards,
hm

Will they require God to place his hand on the bible and "swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.. So help you yourself"?

Why do people wonder why God allows bad stuff but don't bring up the issue of the devil causing evil to start with. And even ole scratch couldn't do much without the cooperation of people.

Ernie is so out of touch with reality it sometimes is laughable. In his full statement he said that he has never carried a weapon. But on June 28th 1969 he was arrested for carrying a concealed pistol. Must've forgot about that one!

Originally Posted By: Tbone-AZThe members of the state should recall someone that is that out of wack..

In AZ, you only need half the people that voted for them to get a recall and special election.

His district is full of like-minded idiots that love him. He has had others run against him but he keeps winning.

Originally Posted By: kymailman98His race isn't mentioned, but he's no doubt Black. Which explains a lot.

Affirmed it through Google, but ya know... I kinda liked the guy looking at his Google Images. Not one suit in any picture. Jeans and a T-Shirt/Sweatshirt in every picture, including the numerous pictures of him testifying in the Arizona House Chambers. He may be crazy, but at least he's down to earth!

-------------

Originally Posted By: mhammerErnie is so out of touch with reality it sometimes is laughable. In his full statement he said that he has never carried a weapon. But on June 28th 1969 he was arrested for carrying a concealed pistol. Must've forgot about that one!

1.) On a positive note, at least he shouldn't be of the anti-gun Democrat party mindset!!
2.) Pretty much all Democrats are out of touch with reality; it seems to be prerequisite for party membership.
3.) Selective recollection of historical fact, is common amongst politicians. For instance, our elected leader, frequently can't recall what he said yesterday in front of numerous TV cameras.

-------------------

Originally Posted By: BigSkyDogHe is just a prime example of what ignorant voter turnout will do!

Unfortunately a great many of those voters consider themselves rocket scientists, and are in fact well educated.

We had a case here in my home county in Florida, gentleman out here in my neck of the woods ran for Sheriff; nearly got elected. Certifiably crazy, Vietnam Vet, suffers from severe case of PTSD, I'm sure you guys have seen the type. Wanders around occasionally dressed in camo, constantly looking over his shoulder, talking to people that aren't there, peeking around corners to make sure there aren't any VC waiting to take him out. Some days he's normal, but some days, he's on another planet. No qualifications for the position, no LEO background or training. He took 43% of the vote!!

Quote: 2.) Pretty much all Democrats are out of touch with reality; it seems to be prerequisite for party membership.

He!!, Rocky, most Democrats can't even see reality peeking over the horizon!

But caught these looking for a shortcut.............

Regards,
hm

Ruuhhhh Rooo... I think Ernie done upset the white folks in Nebraska!!

Quote:Senator’s controversial comment draws beefed up security to Capitol

By Deena Winter / March 27, 2015

LINCOLN, Neb. – The Nebraska State Patrol assigned extra security at the state Capitol late this week in the wake of controversial comments by state Sen. Ernie Chambers comparing police to ISIS terrorists.

Deb Collins, spokeswoman for the State Patrol, said two extra troopers were on duty at the Capitol on Thursday, and one extra trooper was there Friday.

State lawmakers talked for two hours on Thursday about Chambers’ vitriolic statements, which were made last week during a hearing on a bill that would allow concealed guns to be carried into bars.

Chambers asked the bill sponsor, state Sen. Tommy Garrett, for the rationale for the bill, and Garrett cited the increasing threats from Islamic terrorist groups ISIS and ISIL.

That’s when Chambers went on a tirade.

“My ISIS is the police,” Chambers said, adding police can get away with shooting people if they “think” they’re going to do something — like pull a weapon.

“The police are licensed to kill us — children, old people,” he said.

Nebraska’s governor and attorney general, Omaha’s mayor and police chief and many lawmakers condemned Chambers’ comments and called on him to apologize. But Chambers has steadfastly refused to apologize or back down, saying white people don’t understand the struggles his community has with police.

In the middle of the floor debate, Chambers abruptly said he needed to leave because a “brave white guy just got through screaming at Cindy in my office and I’m gonna do what I need to do right this minute.”

The State Patrol responded to a call for service at Chambers’ Capitol office Thursday morning “as we would any request for service in the Capitol,” Collins said.

“When we arrived, there was no disturbance,” Collins said. “We continue to look into the matter.”

The Chambers controversy continued to make national headlines Friday. It was the subject of a couple of FOX News shows, The Five and Fox & Friends, and was discussed on the radio talk shows of Laura Ingraham and Sean Hannity. Ingraham was in Omaha and had Gov. Pete Ricketts on her show.

“Chambers has a history of making outlandish remarks, and he’s just in the habit of nobody calling him on it,” Ricketts said. “What Senator Chambers did is just going to create controversy, it has the potential to provoke violence, it’s utterly irresponsible.”

Ingraham said she met with Nebraska law enforcement officers Thursday night, and they told her Chambers’ comments made them feel like he was putting a target on their backs.

“If a conservative said that against an African-American group… oh my, gosh, governor there would be protests in the streets,” Ingraham said on her show.

There’s been talk among lawmakers of censuring, admonishing or expelling Chambers for the rest of the legislative session, but it’s not clear whether 33 of the 49 lawmakers would vote for it, as required by the state constitution and legislative rules. But Congressman Jeff Fortenberry called on the lawmakers to at least censure him.

“Senator Chambers’ long history of bullying, bigotry, and hatred has reached a new low,” he said in a press release. “This latest episode of condoning violence against police is reckless and contradicts the sacred duty of a lawmaker to protect society. To refer to the police as ISIL further adds to the indignity. I ask that the Legislature – at a minimum – censure Senator Chambers, particularly in light of his refusal to take back his words.”

Fortenberry serves as co-chair of the Religious Minorities in the Middle East Caucus.

Updated 6:20 p.m. Friday

http://watchdog.org/209019/ernie-chamber...ign=saturday_13

Back