~Sometimes you just gotta LIGHTEN UP~

Infidel 762

Staff member
Today I choose to be a clown... Seemed perfectly logical living in such a crazy world... Finding it much easier to embrace life's contradictions as a fool... The key to productivity is brilliant improvisation... Not perfect blue prints;

I succeeded all day long in failing, until the last hour of daylight... I knew it was going to be a long stand, with plans to sit till dark...I started the stand by introducing turkeys into the area with raspy hen yelps... I used baby turkey at low volumes as a coaxer sound... 10-15 minutes later I started with coyote vocals... Time passed, It was getting dark and light was fading fast... I had no verbal response, he was just there;

Humor is very therapeutic and has the power to heal... Attitude and outlook on life changes from less serious yet a little more profound...

is that even legal in OK ?
tt2.gif

(nice shot, wtg)

is that your normal hunting outfit.lol. I give you an "atta boy" for thinking outside the box(starting the set with turkey sounds) and being Patient. There's an old saying- good things come to those who wait-or patient.good job. Congrats

Quote:I succeeded all day long in failing, until the last hour of daylight...

Good one, Jeremy, I gotta remember that line.

Oh, and I like the hat; you may just start a new trend.
grin.gif

Regards,
hm

Haha perfect calling gear. In college my roomate and I dressed up in suits for the first day of squirrel hunting one time. Wish we would have taken pictures of that.

Originally Posted By: Bob_Atlis that even legal in OK ?
tt2.gif

(nice shot, wtg)

Only in the pan handle is that allowed!!!

, he was just there; THAT LOOK WOULD STOP ANYTHING IN IT'S TRACKS !
scared.gif

I will have to add that to my bag of tricks ! Thanks for sharing !
thumbup.gif

Oh ya nice coyote too !

Well done. I could just see the coyote running in, getting a look at you and it starts doing that head tilt thing dogs do. LOL..

Yep I wear that jester hat and goggles on every stand... The hat has bells that are shinny and loud, so I only hunt when the winds are over 88 mph to mask the sound... The goggles protect my eyes from all the flying debris... The day before we had a front with tornados come thru, that broke a house, I made an exception to the 88 mph rule... Calm winds after a storm, maybe on to sumthin'?" Anyway...

It is legal, however if I was any type of LOE and saw someone wearing that I would deff -N8ly secure them and run their name for felony convictions or involuntary adjudication...

I showed that pic to a couple people at work... Both reactions;
"You did not post that on the internet!"
tongue_smilie.gif

€#¥£*

A long time ago when Shade Tree was the only BB on the internet, there were huge discussions on Camo and scenting and gille suits etc....my contention that holding still and wind position is what really mattered so I posted myself calling in a Santa Suit! Actually shot two coyotes that day, but I have to admit I had to rubber band the hat tassel cuz it was a tad windy!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Kurt in OregonA long time ago when Shade Tree was the only BB on the internet, there were huge discussions on Camo and scenting and gille suits etc....my contention that holding still and wind position is what really mattered so I posted myself calling in a Santa Suit! Actually shot two coyotes that day, but I have to admit I had to rubber band the hat tassel cuz it was a tad windy!

I heard about shooting them in a Santa suit... I would like to see it...

I was joking about myself wearing that stuff while hunting....

Quote:I was joking about myself wearing that stuff while hunting....

Can't fool us, Jeremy, you slipped up and let your secret to success out of the bag, and now you're trying to unring the bell.

Now, fess up, where can we find a hat like that?
smile.gif

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: hm1996 Quote:I was joking about myself wearing that stuff while hunting....

Can't fool us, Jeremy, you slipped up and let your secret to success out of the bag, and now you're trying to unring the bell.

Now, fess up, where can we find a hat like that?
smile.gif

Regards,
hm

My daughter has got eccentric tastes... I was kinda the same as a teen... I guess even early 20s as well
crazy.gif

Back