What's your favorite .223 ammunition in a 20" 1/8 twist AR-15.

Originally Posted By: SnowmanMoHe did a cold bore 100 yard shot with Winchester Silver Tips that went right through center.

This is by far my new favorite factory round for the 1:8 and I shoot A LOT!!!
Plus they look cool and have proven to be quite fur friendly on the bobbed-cats!

Alright guys I finally got to take the AR out and shoot some of the loads you guys suggested and I REALLY like the Hornady Superformance Varmint 53 gr V-max. I haven't been able to find the Black Hills blue box where I live at but I have a few friends on the lookout. I also like the Winchester silver tips. Sorry it took so long to respond but it has been raining A LOT here in East Texas. Thanks a bunch for the advice and I will let ya know when I get my first yote!

Quote:Black Hills blue box loaded with the 60 grain V Max
These have been serving me well for years on coyotes, bobcats and hogs. Both the red and blue box shoot the same, the red is just a few dollars more for the new brass.

Hornady 53 gr vmax over 27.2 gr of varget. The factory superformance shoots well too. The blue box Black Hills 60 grainier gets a nod too. It was hard to find for a while. Varget seems hard to find now where I'm at.

Back