I killed Conan on my last hunt of the season!

thumbup.gif
Awesome

Way to put a big dog down. I made 6 sets down on my property in Allegheny County and nothing. Not even a bark back. Dig kick out 7 deer and saw some good turkey tracks though. Way to end the season.

That's pretty sweet.. It's nice to get a easy one once in a while.. Beautiful Coyote. Definitely the way to end a season.. Congrats Andrew.

Originally Posted By: bhwAt the second spot, this male coyote showed up to a mixture of sparse coyote vocalizations. It looked huge in the scope! It was an easy 50 yard shot. It weighed 42.8 pounds. What surprised me was that this alpha male charged in so carelessly under the intense glow of the Coyote Light without a care in the world. I figured that by now any mature coyote would be super wary... like all the others that howl and never show themselves!!

Even older alpha males can sometimes be tricked. You might have either done a great job of pi$$ing him off or you might have just been lucky or a combination of both. Also you never know what might have happened to him earlier. He might have had to whip some intruder coyotes in his territory and he thought they were back.

I gave up years ago trying to figure out eastern coyotes. It's hard to believe that they're even the same species that the western ones are. When I lived in Colorado I only owned one mouth call with a dying rabbit sound and I killed more coyotes in a month hunting in broad daylight there than I ever have in all the time I've hunted eastern coyotes with all my fancy gear with day and night hunting.... LOL

$bob$

Back