Stakes

Idk about the price but i use wolf fangs. they are excellent in all types of soil and are very strong. Pogos stakes are awesome too if you dont have much for rocks

I have been up all night and may be reading this wrong so forgive me.... But berkshires are about $16 a DOZEN rigged in the HD variety. I have used a ton of them and would highly recommend them. Don't hesitate to make a half dozen catches per stake. They'll hold up.

Started using berkshires about 8 years ago. The first few years they held up fine. Starting about the 4th hear the new berkshires started breaking and bending very badly. Almost as if they had switched the type of metal to a cheaper version. I put up with it for another year and then I finally had enough and completely switched over to wolf fang earth anchors. No comparison IMO. Wolf fangs hold up much better and longer, hold everything, and can be used multiple times.

I do trap professionally from November to February so im harder on equipment than the average trapper.

Last edited:
Back