Coyote hunting in Casper Wy

Dusty_W

I am really new to hunting Coyotes and would like to learn some good places around casper to hunt them. Any help would be apreshiated.

Welcome to the boards. Coyote hunting has become so popular that the chances of somebody sharing their spots is probably not going to happen. Scout public land for tracks and scat and you'll have a good starting place.

The coyote population around Casper is closely managed. ADC agents use all the resources at their disposal to keep the sheep and cattle ranchers in the area "problem" free. The ranchers pay well for this service. They even fly the non-private land adjacent to the ranches. You can try knocking on doors, but I doubt you'll have very much luck.

I wounder how you know that NASA? lol. By the way, I'm now in Pahrump Nv. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Last edited:
Knowledge can be accumulated in various ways. Experience is only one of them. Sometimes it pays to be a "fly on the wall". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

What are you you doing in Pahrump, feeding the chickens? You need to give me a way to contact you. I'll be making another trip to Vegas soon, to see the kids. We should get together (while we still can).

I haven't been to the Chicken Ranch to feed the chickens yet, Charlene won't let me? They even got a Cherry Patch Ranch out here, she won't let me go there either?

I got to be more careful swating flys, don't want to swat a beer drinking buddy.

Hey Dusty-W, Maybe you should come out here, we got lots of old coyotes running around.
I've been up around Casper a couple times, seen a coyote or two south of town, seen more red fox though.

"Coyote hunting has become so popular that the chances of somebody sharing their spots is probably not going to happen"
Hows this:
Couple chunks of public land on Hat six, 33 mile road, Out by government bridge, and Dome Rock/Miracle Mile.
I hope you "apreshiate" these spots.

ranchers will let you hunt if asked also but there is so much state and blm you can go about anywhere. coyotes are thick the hard part is not sounding like all the other callers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif
look me up i'll show ya the ropes if you want /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Last edited:
Hey Casey, if I look you up will you show me the ropes too? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

Plenty of country to hunt

Good luck learning to play the wind in that place

Pretty funny My dads name is Dusty W also

Go git em /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

get yourself a wy gazateer at walmart. it'll show you all the blm and state lands, not always correct but it'll get you there,blm topo would probably be more accurate. just watch the fence lines and gates for signs. lots of public land between casper and rawlins, and on the way to medicine bow after you get away from the bluffs

I live in Cheyenne and been getting my butt kicked by these darn dogs. I keep trying new calls and different sequences but with no luck. Anyone in wyoming that has any ideas of what type of terrain to look for?

just about any ground has coyotes.

look for prey species like rabbits. i like to call over creek bottoms where rodents might hang out.

i went to wyoming in february, i called in 14 and killed 11. some areas were hot, and other areas produced nothing.

im our open area here it is hard to get in somewhere where the coyotes cant see you coming. takes a certain situation low spot to walk in or something like that, then they have to be there that day too

Back